VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Saturday, January 1...

Saturday, January 13, 2018

momsy55
on 1/14/18 7:52 am - ME

Glad you're on the mend Devon! I too look for comfort food when sick. Lots of tea and fried egg sandwiches on buttered toast was always my go to. I still tend to go that route. For the first few years after WLS I was able to resist, but as the years go by, it's more difficult. It's almost primal for me - trying to go back to the comforts of young childhood. I guess I need to try to find healthier ways to comfort myself.

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

diane S.
on 1/14/18 11:14 am

Hey Devon

Sorry you and Ron have been so sick. Its a beast of a bug going around. My younger brother was sick too in So Cal and wanted to go to the hospital but realized they couldn't do much for him as they are so slammed. Rest and chicken soup is about the best. And zinc lozenges. I can't remember either whether you feed or starve a fever. The only time I remember intentionally not eating was when food poisoned.

Interesting about the food court and the doctor. I too was terrified at the thought of shots. I think our doctor gave us a lolly pop which I thought was a lousy form of candy. Candy = chocolate. Period.

Recovery mode sounds like a good way to think of eating healthy. I am not a "rule" oriented person (always thinking of ways around them" but forming better habits makes more sense to me.

Anyway, rest up. At least you have an extra day before back to school. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/