VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, January 14,...

Sunday, January 14, 2018

CC C.
on 1/14/18 11:14 am

PS, no trouble with lettuce here...

Shel25
on 1/14/18 3:39 pm

You were so smart to opt out today. I

'm sorry about your neck but the way it happened does make me giggle a bit. Yes.....things just start to happen as one gets older!

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

CC C.
on 1/14/18 5:18 pm

I can laugh about it too - bird induced whiplash. I've been cursing the bird as well!

momsy55
on 1/14/18 6:54 pm - ME

Ooh, feel better!

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

diane S.
on 1/14/18 11:01 am

Greetings Sunny People

144.5 today which is down a couple. Credit goes to the "download" plus a little more activity. Dinner last night was two helpings of the mushed up cauliflower with a bit of half and half and parmesan. Its such a comfort food and so deli****s even requested by my non vsg friends.

DH is now experiencing good restriction on the Atkins program. He makes these elaborate protein shakes and buys lots of Atkins products. He used to eat Cheddar Bunnies and Pringles all the time and drink mini cokes and all manner of junk. It shows how much that stuff is slider food since he ate tons of it but now, back to protein, he really can't eat that much. Note to self: MORE PROTEIN and not just cheese.

Ouch Cecily, pain in the neck indeed! Birdwatching is a dangerous sport. Thats why its not in the Olympics. I used to shun chiropractors but after a few painful injuries lifting and such, I used those services and had excellent results.

Hey Mary, I hope you find a nice fur friend for your daughter. Devon can tell you more than I can, but sometimes short haired dogs have an oil to their coat which is actually more of a problem for people with allergies than a longer haired dog with a poodle-ish coat. Shar-peis are supposedly the worst as there is a particular oil to them and even non allergic people are bothered by them.

Shel, glad you had a good hike even if it was a mere 4 miles. Lordy I could not manage that. The Christmas book I got for DH was a list of good local hikes, but I hid it before the holiday and now can't find it. Duh.

Liz, love hearing about the local haunts and glad you are exploring them.

I am thinking of taking a workshop on intuitive painting. Its very messy and free form and thats sort of what I am. It could be a boost on overall creativity plus something I could do if my hands get too crippled to do clay.

Nothing scheduled today except laundry, dog walks, cooking, on line games and clutter control.

Thinking of Ann and sending good energy. Peace to all. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

momsy55
on 1/14/18 7:03 pm - ME

I realized after I wrote that I didn't identify that we were actually getting a short-haired cat. We did bring her home. Her name is Faith and she's all black with green eyes. She and Sammy have squared off a bit, but have generally stayed out of each other's way. She is very affectionate and vocal, and seems to be bonding with Mariah already. Sammy is a long-haired little guy. We're certain he's a cav-a-mo, which is a mix of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and an American Eskimo dog. He has a bit of an under bite too, like a lapso apso (sp?), so he may have a bit of that breed as well. He has a double coat, but doesn't seem to bother my older daughter much, who is allergic to dogs. He just tends to shed a lot and mostly white fur with tan spots, which shows up on all of our fleece vests and jackets. LOL

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

diane S.
on 1/14/18 8:49 pm

Duh, I should have figured it was to be a cat Cecily. Glad you found a good cat and that you have a dog too. Pets rule. DS

diane S.
on 1/14/18 8:49 pm

OOPS, I mean Mary and company. DS

diane S.
on 1/14/18 11:36 am

Hmmm Liz, lettuce does not bother me these days but I am 8 years out. It was a LONG time before I could tolerate any uncooked veggies - like a couple of years. Take it easy! DS

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 1/14/18 1:07 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good to know. Thanks!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!