VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Tuesday, February 2...

Tuesday, February 26, 2018

Paula1965
on 2/27/18 10:29 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Sinus congestion is actually very common in later pregnancy - so you may not have a "real" cold. I do think the aches and pains and sleepless nights of later pregnancy are Mother Nature's way of preparing you for the aches and pains and sleepless nights to come after baby arrives. At least with the later you get the joy of holding your precious little girl!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

CC C.
on 2/27/18 8:18 am

Weight 164.8, calories 1592

Amazing how one day of good food behavior helps me on the scale. I have to be good more often!

It's sprinkling and cold this morning, but I'm off on my hike anyway in a few minutes. Good exercise behavior is important too...

Liz, as much as I would want to snitch him off too, I'm not sure if you should. If she asked you, absolutely, I'd give her an earful. Is your SIL that is with you his sister? Maybe it could come from her? Or do you feel like you could say something to him or email him with your concerns? Though he probably won't hear it.

Paula1965
on 2/27/18 10:30 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Good for you for going for your walk even when the weather is less than desirable. That's motivation!

5' 4" tall, HW: 242, SW:215.4 Weight Loss - pre-op: - 26.6, M1: -15.4, M2: -16, M3: -11.4, M4: -11.2, M5: -12.2, M6: -7.4, M7: -7.8, M8: -2.0 Goal of 130 lbs. reached at 8 months, 2 days post-op!

diane S.
on 2/27/18 9:50 am

Greetings Sunny People

Well its a sunny day here and I hope it is elsewhere. Cecily you are really getting some rain? I guess thats good. We are below normal up here in the semi rain forest so I guess I should wish for some also. Well, naaaaahhhhhhh.

BB sorry you are ailing. Nothing to do for a cold but hot steamy showers and chicken soup. I hope you feel better soon and are ready for the big event.

Liz, glad you had some fun and I don't blame you for avoiding BIL. As for the email, my only advice is to not put anything into an email or letter that you would not say face to face. The recipient only finds fault with the writer. Better to pick up the phone and talk so there is exchange of thoughts. Just sayin'.....

Yep, deer fencing is essential to gardens around here too. I once went on a garden tour and saw a beautiful one with ponds and waterfalls and all kinds of fabulous heathers. The yard was surrounded by an 8 foot fence with I think electricity and/or barbed wire around the top. Looked like a prison. It may have been to keep out bears too. People with fruit trees here have to worry about bears. Bears make me think of Carbon who was always encountering them. Carbon, you hoo?! We once stayed in a little woodsy cabin in Alaska. In the morning we found a giant bear poo right by the front door!! Glad I didn't do a midnight outhouse run.

Diane O I am so proud of you for pursuing the disaster relief dog work and other dog therapy work. Its such a good thing and time consuming but well worth it. Hope you can do the Ohio trip for it.

Ann, thinking of you and wishing you well. And Devon, for Peet's sake get some rest! (Who is this "Peet" and why does he need our support? - I thought "Peet" did well with his coffee business).

Well enough for now. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CC C.
on 2/27/18 11:37 am

A whole 0.28 inches of rain! So a literal drop in the proverbial bucket, but at least it was something. It climbed up to all of 46 degrees at the end of the hike at 11:15. Brrr. I need a hot shower!

VSGAnn2014
on 2/27/18 10:01 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 131.6
Macros: Cals - 1,734, carbs - 180, fats - 56, protein - 96, fiber - 29
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 9
Sleep (goal 8 hours): 7
Exercise: None

Slept only 7 hours last night. But I feel good today.

My 9 V/Fs yesterday came from variously-colored tomatoes, avocado, spring greens, kale, black beans, plantain, more carrots, and the trusty evening blueberries.

Yesterday's weather was just amazing - prettiest day yet this year. I'm so ready for a season that's not winter. Walked the property yesterday, picked up downed timber, bought and spread deer corn, and visited with my farmer neighbor discussing summer property management projects. His grandson's going to disc the ground for my deer food plot (a lovely hidden little park in the woods).

The birds are still singing their hearts out. And the deer are in a good mood again.

And the sweetest news - over the years my stepdaughter recorded several interviews with her father and assembled all their conversations in an audio file. She gave copies to me and her brothers at my husband's memorial service. I was leery of opening the file, almost afraid to hear my husband's voice. Then yesterday I gutted up and started listening to it. Gloriously, it turns out that the sound of his voice is now the most relaxing, safest sound to me in the whole galaxy. I'm listening to only bits at a time, savoring his words like the richest, most expensive dark chocolate ever created. Hearing him is like real Xanax (said the girl who's never had even one Xanax).

The week's theme: Eat, love, sleep, read.

P.S. Liz, I'm not sure I'd send a letter to BIL's wife. But if any relative took advantage of me that way - holed up in his room and went on a two-week drunk when he came to visit - when he is ready to leave I'd tell him calmly but firmly that he's not welcome back. And I'd tell him why he wasn't welcome back. What an abominable house guest!

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 2/27/18 10:19 am

Tee Hee Ann, The Abominable House Guest! I imagine The Abominable Snow Man as a hulking furry creature lurking about the guest room. For all I know there is one in our guest room - its such a mess.

Glad you find comfort in the voice recordings of DH. What a great step daughter you have. DS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Paula1965
on 2/27/18 10:34 am
VSG on 04/01/15

Oh Ann, what a precious gift to be able to hear your love speak through those recordings. What a neat thing SD did for all of you! So happy that they bring you peace too!

Shel25
on 2/28/18 4:35 am

Love, love, love the audio files! I'm lad you are finding such comfort.

That reminds me that I saw the beginnings of a video interview with my grandma when I was last back in Iowa. I was watching with my parents, we were short of time and there were technical issues so I saw very little of it and my mom kept talking over it. What I do remember, tho, was how hearing her voice made me feel warm and safe.

I need to get a copy of that! For the voice, and also for the interview, too.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Paula1965
on 2/27/18 10:51 am
VSG on 04/01/15

144.4. Calories 1079 with 113 C, 49 F, and 85 P. 30 minute walk over lunch.

I'm starting the increased dose of Cymbalta today (thanks Shel), had Dysport injections and will have counseling appt. at 2. A day of self-care. Cooking up a storm (kind of) today. Tonight will be Korean beef tacos /chicken tacos and tomorrow will be hot beef sandwiches. I try to plan ahead for work days since Ben is no longer doing meals. We have been getting meals from friends too so that helps!

Beautiful sunny day today. If I didn't have so many errands, things around the house to do, I would go out and maybe pick up sticks in our 3 1/2 acres!