VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Wednesday, March 7,...

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

VSGAnn2014
on 3/7/18 3:57 am, edited 3/7/18 4:00 am
VSG on 08/14/14

Weight: 131.6
Macros: Cals - 1,520, carbs - 170, fats - 43, protein - 92, fiber - 25
Veggies/Fruits (goal 8): 7
Sleep (goal 8 hours): 8
Exercise: Yoga class

I have no idea how I got back home weighing the same I did before the Southern Gothic Sisters Weekend. We ate a LOT of ice cream, Girl Scout cookies, donuts, bacon, chardonnay, and Cheetos (Cheetos?!) in addition to some actual and very good food.

We five sisters spent the weekend answering the kinds of questions that elicit responses like: "I had NO IDEA that was what was happening!" "But what y'all didn't know about that was going on with me during that time was ...." "Mother and Daddy did WHAT?!"

Every family has sibling tensions, and our seven siblings have had more than our share. This weekend clarified so many things and left in their wake much understanding, forgiveness and peace. It was truly worth the effort we all made to be present and to participate.

And now I'm back to real life, which is welcome after such an intense, exhausting trip. I'm loving being back in a predictable routine. Yesterday I went to yoga class, grocery shopped, and enjoyed a visit from my niece and two of her college classmates who came over for fika. Today is the pool, more grocery shopping, and lunch with a yoga friend.

The best news is that I slept nine hours Monday night and eight hours last night. Fingers crossed that I can continue this trend.

Still haven't read everything posted while I was gone. BB, I'm thinking about you and Nugget so much.

Today's theme: Routine is good therapy.

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/7/18 4:03 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Weight 115, calories 900. The de-carb is definitely working. I had an extra snack last night (mozzarella and prosciutto sticks) but that was all I needed to not be hungry. I had more sodium than I should have as a result of turkey pepperoni for lunch and the fore mentioned snack, but I still dropped to the bottom of my range which is the lowest I have been in 3 months. I'll probably do one more day of it today, but tomorrow I'm done as I am going to a wine and chocolate goodbye party for one of our walking friends who is moving away.

Today is a busy day for us retired women here: Our walk includes a coffee stop, lunch out at a restaurant on the water, then line dancing this afternoon. Definitely dinner in tonight!

Ann, I'm so glad you had a cathartic weekend with your siblings. It sounds like good therapy.

Have a wicked good Wednesday!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

LeapSecond
on 3/7/18 6:05 am, edited 3/7/18 1:25 am - AR

Ann, Glad you had a good visit with sisters. It is odd how everyone had different perspectives growing up in one home.

Liz, fostering and then adopting Justice is nice. Our pit bull was rescued from DD#1. Never been to a vet. 3rd pregnancy we got her and took her to the vet and she had heartworms. It was really hard to keep such a high energy dog calm. And best I remember very expensive.

BB, good to hear all is well and we are so excited for you and Nugget. and look forward to her arrival.

To all of you snow shoe people. I admire your energy. I get cold just reading about it.

Diane S, I have used the square POS. It is pretty easy to use. I am sure with a group of people using it that there is a learning curve but it is a cool little device. They can 3 percent you out of a profit margin.

Paula, So sorry Ben is having the bleeding and more tumor issues. I can see where it would be more than frustrating.

wt up. I have eaten N&Y very few times this week. Maybe I am over this craving. I hope so. Bad thing is nothing else sounds good except carbs. When I eat meat I fill very fast. Often over full. Eating too fast, still.

Still at the shop in the woods as DW shouldn?t drive or lift for for another week. Nurses and doctors make the worst patients. I caught her in the yard with a rake. She said she wasn?t raking.

I have 2 bee hives that made it through the winter. I feed them sugar water and protein powder this time of year because they most likely have eaten all of their honey. It warmed up enough to let them find it and they were busy taking sugar water back to the hive. The wind here is wild today. The sun is shinning so I will take it.

Devon, I identified with what you write. All the world that I interact with sings my praises but the self loathing in my head is very loud. At times worse than others. I can not hear praise and when I do I listen with disbelief. I have had elements of depression since childhood . The past 10 years has been bad enough to keep me from working as a nurse actually from working consistently period. Seek help where ever you can get it. You are help to me. You write things I feel but have never seen in words. You help me cope.

I have been struggling with my mood the past few weeks. Chronic back pain and depression can often be a chicken or the egg thing. Got the MRI results. PCP said there were areas of concern but nothing emergent. DS#2 is a PA with a specialty in neurosurgery. He looked at the MRI and said pain management is secondary right now. The MRI revealed things that will take further investigation. I see a neurosurgeon tomorrow for consult. And to think pain management did not even want to get images.

More later, David

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Shel25
on 3/7/18 6:41 am

I like your DW :) and you have interesting kiddos, too. And those babies! What a great family.

I hope neuro finds something that is fixable and provides presto-chango pain relief.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

VSGAnn2014
on 3/7/18 9:15 am
VSG on 08/14/14

"I caught her in the yard with a rake.She said she wasn't raking."

LOL! Really, David, that made me laugh out loud for a full 30 seconds!

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,

LeapSecond
on 3/7/18 9:30 am - AR

I sure would like to know why some days I do not have a like button. I have one now.

HW=362(6/14) SW=314(9/14) GW=195 CW=270 (1-26-2020)

Shel25
on 3/7/18 7:02 am

Good morning!

It is MIL service week. All is focused on MIL, FIL, DH and BIL. All are doing the best they can do.

I have a bunch of errands to run but will try to do a close hike or at least get in a long walk with Buster. Already worked out at gym.

DianeO, hope your weather is ok. It sounds like the Northeast is taking a beating.

Liz, I had no idea about heart worm treatment hazards! Devon, hope that procedure goes well for your Keira. My weight is down 2 lbs today just because. You are so right in comparing the scale's daily offering to a Magic 8 ball.

DianeS!!!! I am so excited for the looming Redwood extravaganza!!!!! Ann, glad you had an awesome trip! You were once disappointed that I didn't have a picture of Ozzie, the hiking dog. There is a picture in Saturday's posts (I think) of him on a snowshoe. He started with 4 of his own shoes on but 3 fell off.

BB, thanks for posting, this is a good place to muse. Best wishes for the coming days. Paula, thinking of you and your family. There also seems to be something going on. Say Hello, Momsie! Cecily, please lizard for me, I'm feeling mossy and that ain't going away for a long, long time.

Whew. Be kind to yourself, today.

Shel

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

VSGAnn2014
on 3/7/18 2:50 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Shel, thinking of you and your family, too. The deaths of our elders are times when most of us review and assimilate a lifetime of experiences -- whether those involve the one who died or not. It's a major benchmarking time in our lives. Or it seems that way to me.

ocean4dlm
on 3/7/18 7:39 am - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

Good morning ! It always feels so complete when we've been able to truly connect with our real and virtual families ! I am the oldest of four (six years apart) and we, too, have differing perspectives of the same upbringing. Ann, I envy your sisters' weekend opportunity !

We missed the latest NE pounding... just a reasonable 5" spread over two days rather than 2"-3" per hour ! We are going to do a Niagara Falls day trip Friday, and zip into Canada for a couple of things. Tomorrow is my first recalibration session with Sadie's new trainer (the old one I loved is four hours away). Positive thoughts to the doggies on the mend. I didn't realize how dangerous the treatment for heartworm is either ! Devon, spleen removal sounds like the right direction. Dave, I hope your consult goes well ! Diane, the volunteer "bartenders" at our old hometown theatre used the cube too. It was very straight forward, with a minimal learning curve. Paula, hope Ben is feeling better. Shel... you've got to be so excited about your upcoming adventure ! Cecily, I know that you miss the rain and changing seasons, but warm and dry and coastal explorations are sounding better and better ! BB, glad you are cutting back on work. You are going to be so busy with Nugget and so focused on modeling a healthy lifestyle that getting back where you want to be will be a non-issue. If you do end up nursing, that burns even more calories ! Relax and enjoy your remaining moments knowing EXACTLY where Nugget is, and that she is safe and protected ! My girls are 29 and soon to be 31 and worrying is a 24/7 job for life.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

CC C.
on 3/7/18 10:42 am

Weight 167.2

Ann, you sister visit sounds awesome. As an only child, I'm jealous!

Yesterday's hike was a good one. I felt like I was moving so slowly, but we did 8 miles in exactly 2 hours.

It's a Wednesday repeat for me today, Pilates and painting class. I'm also working on a knitting project for a good friend. She is remodeling her house (had to pack everything up) and brought three huge trash bags of yarn to our knitting group to give away. There was some beautiful alpaca/merino wool yarn that I got a ton of. I thought I would knit it up as a wrap and give it back to her as a gift. But a lot of the pattern is knitting by chart, which I've never done. I'm learning a lot and making lots of mistakes I'm having to go back to fix. Grr.

I also ended up getting a recliner for after surgery, so I've been breaking that in. It's a lot stiffer than the one in the store that had been sat on a lot. I'm glad I didn't get one of the expensive ones, because even though it's not terrible looking, it's really messing with the decor and flow of my family room!