VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, March 19, 2...

Monday, March 19, 2018

JoeyJo
on 3/19/18 10:02 am - NJ

212. I had dinner last night with my Key West tribe. It was an hour and a half drive each way and worth every minute! Each one of these 7 ladies is a super healthy runner. I learned so much from each one of them just by observing how they lived and ate while we were on vacation, and now they have introduced me to a really cool restaurant, True Foods. https://www.truefoodkitchen.com/

When we sat down, I noticed a small sign like the ones other restaurants use to advertise drink specials, but their sign was about Dr. Weil and anti-inflammatory foods ... https://www.drweil.com/diet-nutrition/anti-inflammatory-diet -pyramid/true-food-kitchen-opens/ Choosing what to eat on the menu was difficult even though I checked it online ahead of time, I wanted to try everything. I ended up with the ancient grains with tofu (I'm giving tofu another whirl). It was so incredibly good! I'm so happy that I couldn't fini**** because I have half leftover for lunch today.

I told my friends that I was going to tell you guys about this place, so ^

They were all so kind saying that I look so healthy and two asked me separately and in private how much more I've lost since Key West. I was honest and told them I gained back almost all that I lost in Key West and they insisted that I was wrong and that I am definitely healthier and look smaller than when they first met me. So, there's that, which is nice.

CC C.
on 3/19/18 11:37 am

We have a True Foods here. I keep meaning to try it!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 3/19/18 12:32 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Nice to hear from you! Those women sound like good friends to have (We all need friends like that in our lives!).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

VSGAnn2014
on 3/19/18 4:04 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Joey, you need to hang out with those chicks ALL the time! Move in with them. Let them move in with you. Talk about the law of attraction and intention ... they seem like the queens of that stuff.

Good to hear your voice again. :)

ANN 5'5", AGE 74, HW 235.6 (BMI 39.2), SW 216, GW 150, CW 132, BMI 22

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,
NEXT 10 MOS. -12, TOTAL -100 LBS.

diane S.
on 3/19/18 11:16 am

Greetings Redwood Revelers!

147 today. I need to take a hike. I loaned Shel my hike book so she and the kids can find the best stuff. i am glad that air b and b worked out for them. Trinidad is indeed a lovely little village and so many visitors want to move there. The local slogan is "Trinidad - a drinking village with a fishing problem". I forgot to tell Shel that in the little cemetery there there is a gravestone of a man that says "Murdered by Capitalism" . Not sure of the story but I have seen the stone.

Yep, we all should invite the fairies, good spirits, redwoods and other good things into our souls. One of the anti anxiety techniques is to imagine a beautiful place and go there in your mind. A towering redwood grove is such a place. Anyone who hasn't visited them should do so. The fudge is waiting. I think my spirit animal is a banana slug. If you have never seen one, look it up on google.

Yep, Justice is on a prednisone pig out. I had a dog who did that too in his final days. Once he is through the treatment he will do better and become a busy little guy.

We have a sunny day again which is good for the hikers. I am so glad for that. No fun hiking in dripping forrest. I think they are doing the Lady Bird Johnson grove today plus another. Doing all the hikes in the book would take a month or more. Shel looks very slim and very fit and its hard to imagine she was once heavy.

And the faeries are out there . Ditto Bigfoot......

Ann, glad you are feeling better and hope the therapist helps. Thanks for the reminders on the f and v front. Due to you I am making more efforts in this area.

DH is off to the recycle place to take a load of cardboard and e waste. He really is on a tear and I can now see much of the living room floor.

Joey, loved your post and glad you had some fun with buddies. Can't wait to check out those sites.

Dave hope you are feeling better. There is something about spring and the redbuds and other plants starting to bud out that is uplifting. Ditto rocking babies.

BB how goes it with little Becca? Jee, I wonder why you have no time to post?

Yay Keira. Karma is good.

Blessings all. Stay warm and safe. Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

VSGAnn2014
on 3/19/18 4:08 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Diane, I think I'm going to come see you, too. :) Your neighborhood looks and sounds absolutely gorgeous. The hiking there does sound divine -- redwoods and more.

And yes, my therapist always does me good. He really was a great find. This May it'll be four years of seeing him (mostly monthly).

POUNDS LOST: Pre-op -20, M1 -10, M2 -11, M3 -10, M4 -10, M5 -7, M6 -5, M7 -6, M8 -4, M9 -4,

diane S.
on 3/19/18 4:39 pm

Hey Ann and everyone, come out here any old time. May through Sept is best to avoid rain. Its not an easy place to get to but I can tell you how. And there are lots of flat hikes for those with cranky knees. Its sunny and beautiful here so the hikers are getting a workout. I am lobbying to get Devon up here to the July 4 weekend dog show. DianeS

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

(deactivated member)
on 3/19/18 2:01 pm, edited 3/19/18 7:02 am

I hope everyone has a fantastic day, too. Let's just say I read Ann's post too late. LOL! I, personally, would like a redo on the day I've had so far today.

Interesting bits of info: I have learned since my last blog post that people seem to prefer the self deprecating, humorous side of my personality. My BFF pointed out that he doesn't think of me in regards to my weight, but simply as me. Oh, he also pointed out that he much prefers the witty, self incriminating humor type of writing to such serious, dark truths.

Had an uplifting brain fart regarding WLS regain as I logged on . Will try to remember following through on the thought today and see what I can report back.

Some lyrics written by Oscar Hammerstein I think might be fitting for us all:

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of a storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark

Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone

You'll never walk alone

CC C.
on 3/19/18 2:16 pm

I'm sure that's because no one likes to see someone they care about suffering. Laughing is easy to deal with. Supporting someone who needs you to listen and not fix anything, can make some people squirmy. Just be you and share what you need to share to process what's taking up space in your brain. Whether or not others prefer funny you or dark you is irrelevant. We all have funny and dark in us - it's a package deal.

VSGAnn2014
on 3/19/18 4:10 pm
VSG on 08/14/14

Oh, Devon, thank you for those lyrics. Have made me a little teary, but that's my modus operandi these days. Everything makes me teary.

And re your blogging voice or speaking voice or whatever voice -- you do YOU! Any voice you speak in is always a welcome voice in my ear. xoxoxo