VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Friday, May 11, 201...

Friday, May 11, 2018

carbondated
on 5/11/18 7:03 am

Good morning and thank you for the lovely warm welcome.

Ann my condolences. The pain does not get better but it becomes more endurable......some days.

Everyone is dealing with issues and I admire you all greatly. But a new baby is very special. Congratulations.

Was asked about the bears. Yes, they are back. My walking friends were deep in conversation and nearly walked into one as they rounded a corner. They all jumped. A big one held up traffic ( we have rush minute here) the other morning as it literally sat on the sidewalk, then would amble out onto the street, changed its mind, back to sitting, up and at it again. The drivers said it took a good 5 minutes for him/her to cross. Nice excuse to be late: "a bear held up traffic".

The deer abound and are in their usual scabrous state for this time of year, which means that there have been cougar sightings. Am more frightened about them than bears.

But the spring trees are in their glory and are breathtaking.

Peps the teachers here, well some of them, are gnashing their teeth with frustration at yet another round of "this is the 'new' way of teaching" meaning in general it is a recycled version of a system that didn't work the last time around.

And congratulations about the electric car. Brilliant!

Have been watching on YouTube a BBC production, " Supersize vs Superskinny ". Very interesting. Have heard the same things that have come out of my mouth.

Happy Friday everyone.

Miss150
on 5/11/18 8:23 am

159.4 this morning. Am so enjoying morning coffee with you all. A good way to start a "mindful" day.

Question, very ignorant, but technology has passed me by-still have rotary dial phones in the house, and have no real idea of abbreviated references. I am assuming, but, heck--what is the purpose-meaning of the cap-D in front of (what I assume are) people in relationship to....?

Am off with the hubby to try out a new restaurant- a buffet on top of it. I do not eat out much--I know what is in the plain food prepared in my kitchen, and trying to figure it out with an empty plate in my hand, and the ability-dare I say it--the obligation to "get my money's worth cause I paid for it" stinking thinking- well, it tends to bewilder and then defeat me.

Fun activity after is ...off to purchase new bras. This is the 3'd time - hopefully the last- I've needed to do this since the regain loss. The muffins are lost in their cups and need something appropriately sized to snuggle into.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 5/11/18 10:32 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

LOL (Laughing Out Loud)! DH = Dear Husband; DD = Dear Daughter; DS = Dear Son; MIL = Mother In Law. Some common abbreviations are here on OH under Resources/Message Board Lingo. My DS gave me a little cheat book a few years ago...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

diane S.
on 5/11/18 11:57 am

Greetings My Pet Peeps

148 yet again. Not complaining as I really haven't done much to try to lose. My own dang fault. But not pigging out either. Ok, I did eat one cookie yesterday at someone's house. Just one and it was not that good.

Gotta say it again - Carbon so glad you are back. You were so missed. Love the bear stories - stopping traffic. We have bears around here too but our house is just a bit too urban to see any. What happens around here is that someone drives into a power pole and the power is knocked out for hours and the traffic lights don't work. Our town has about 6 traffic lights total. But the next county over, Trinity county, boasts that they do not have a single traffic light. Probably a zillion bears.

Miss 150 such good thoughts on the ladder of life. DH was really cranky yesterday because I wasn't listening to him, he hates the government, computer didn't work right and bla bla bla. I was tempted to tell him all he has to be thankful for but didn't. Next time...

Rest up Ann then tell us about your trip. I bet your weight isn't what you think it will be. But DH and I used to refer to our Alaska cruise ship as "the binge barge".

BB, so you are thinking of babies again. I hear that God sends you a really good one as the first one so you will want another. Then comes trouble. However, my older brother was a terror and I, the second child, was perfect. LOL

Regarding pictures BB, one of my former law partners had 7 kids and they had a huge family picture taken with all the kids and spouses. The picture included a spouse that was only married to one daughter for about a month. So they had that guy airbrushed out of the picture but forgot to airbrush out the guy's feet! We used to go in his office and look at the picture (when he wasn't there) and laugh about how there were feet with no guy. Of course you won't do that to your pics. Just a funny memory for me.

Peps, you need to ramp up you **** deflector. Me too.

Well we had not had the new EV Bolt for even 24 hours when the dealer called and there was a recall! Some little computer update. DH took it over and now he is off to lunch with the Romeo's so he can show off the new toy. I have not even driven it yet. I have attachment issues with my old Prius.

Well off to make eggs. I actually think I have had enough coffee for one day.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Peps
on 5/11/18 12:54 pm

Dearest Gang,

All I want to do is sleep. Stress is exhausting! I will catch up with you all later.

Ann, so nice to read you again!!

diane S.
on 5/11/18 1:39 pm

You are feeling very sleepy....you cannot keep your eyes open......sleepy.....

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/