VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, May 12, 201...

Sunday, May 12, 2018, Mother's Day

Peps
on 5/13/18 4:54 pm

Happy Mothers Day - especially to new mama BB! I hope the lived up to your expectations. Your mama is right, too, about borrowing trouble from the future! My daddy drummed that into me as I grew up. I'm pretty good at it most of the time.

My Mama died 20 years ago. I have delighted in the fact that I was able to disregard this Hallmark Holiday ever since. My mom was not a huge fan of Mother's Day, but I did alway make sure I did something to show my love and appreciation of my sound upbringing (even if it did have a basic dysfunction, too). Today, after reading the posts I'm feeling a little nostalgic for my mom.

I am moving steadily into an acceptance leads to action state of being. I am uncomfortable on many levels just now. My dreams are disquieting yet insightful. My sleeping shorts are not comfortable so I am sleeping in the buff - something I have not done since VSG. I am off... not in a bad way, but in the best of ways... I don't enjoy where I am, but I get it. It's hard to explain, but there is a feeling of mourning, loss, etc... that comes with this acceptance of my addiction and want to be back where I am more comfortable in my skin and with myself.

So, I have visions of going to the store and buying appropriate foods to support my transition from a sugar addicted state to a sugar abstinence state. Yet, I balk at the thought of being sugar free - classic addict.

I need to sit in it.

OH! Exhaustion last week... I switched from generic Claritin to generic Zyrtec. Guess what? Side effects of Zyrtec include "drowsiness to extreme drowsiness"... Perhaps I shall go back to the Loratadine. Shell...any input here?

Shel25
on 5/13/18 5:16 pm

Zyrtec does have more potential for sedation than Claritin or Allegra. But it would be rare. So, as with most things in my world, it "might" be related to your sedation. I am not sure that I have ever seen anyone wiped out from Zyrtec.

Seasonal allergies can make people tired, too, so if that is completely treated it also might be playing a part.

GL, being tired stinks.

HW:361 SW:304 (VSG 12/04/2014)Mo 1:-32  Mo 2:-13.5  Mo 3: -13.5  Mo 4 -9.5  Mo 5: -15  Mo 6: -15  Mo 7: -13.5  Mo 8: -17  Mo 9: -13  Mo 10: -12.5  11/3/2015 Healthy BMI Reached Mo 11: -9  Mo 12: -8    12/27/2015 Goal Weight Reached!

Peps
on 5/13/18 7:51 pm

Thanks! I like the Zyrtec because I didn't get as many headaches this week as I normally do. I am going to chock it up to coincidence!

Peps
on 5/13/18 11:31 pm

Strawberries, apples and banoonoos have been purchased. Yogurt, eggs, too...

I also have a hankering for steak so I bought a couple of filets for tomorrow!

My goal for this week is simple: 3 fruits and at least 1 veggie serving per day. It's a start. Oh, I must also up my H2O. I have been getting 24 oz per day maximum for several months now. I also have coffee and admittedly diet soda probably 4 days a week.

Yogurt with berries is prepped for the week, strawberries are sliced and in the Lock and Lock. 5 different varieties of apples to have a little something new to try each day...

So much running through the brain...