VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, February 12...

Monday, February 12, 2024

DiamondD
on 2/12/24 3:56 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Agree that the Super Bowl game was interesting, even for a non football fan like me. There will never be another halftime show like Prince's, so I never expect to be wowed.

Today was pretty decent at school, no big drama, which is good for a Monday. When I got home, DH wasn't feeling too good, but still offered to go work out with me. I took pity on him and told him to stay home, and did not use it as an excuse to skip. I feel pretty good right now.

There was a message from my pharmacy that my new pre approval came through. I think this means I am now approved for 1.7 from here on out. I didn't see any difference in rate of loss on the highest dose, but I did bet a bit more in great of side effects. No matter what dose, it appears I am destined to lose about 3 pounds a month. I know this is because of Tomaxifen. CC and Peps, I hope you lose much faster, especially since you are paying out of pocket.

I do remember some moodiness when I first started the meds, but fatigue was the most prominent. That got better. And constipation. Not as bad as early sleeve days, but something to be prepared for. Occasionally the opposite of constipation, but I've never thought I was going to poop my pants. DH had reflux early on. I take Omeprizole every day, and had less issues. Overall, DH and I both feel any side effects ( and agsin, many of them subsided over time) are worth the help the meds provide.

DiamondD
on 2/12/24 4:03 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Oh, I forgot to add that I got my prescription sunglasses from Zenni today. I really like them! 5 years ago I paid more than double, and I didn't even bet bifocals to save money. I feel more glasses from Zenni.

Peps
on 2/12/24 4:53 pm

Just had an idea to message my doc to see if the semaglutide is contraindicated for any of the meds I take. I'm wondering if he might see his way clear to prescribe it for me. He's always been very supportive of my quest to conquer my obesity issues. After sending it, I did check my last labs. I don't think my 5.6 A1C is going to warrant a prescription, but I'll see when he replies.

DiamondD
on 2/12/24 7:53 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

It wouldn't for Ozempic, which is for diabetes. But Wegovy is approved for weight loss. If you have a BMI over 30, you are a candidate, regardless of A1C. Ask him. If your insurance covers it, it would cost less. Finding available starter doses still seems like a challenge though.