VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Monday, February 12...

Monday, February 12, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/12/24 5:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

The Super Bowl was actually pretty exciting last night. Overtime with a win in the last seconds. Worth watching. DH was waiting at the curb when I got off the plane and we were at our friend's home before halftime. Speaking of which I didn't love the halftime show. I think I am getting too old.

What a whirlwind weekend! Today's plan is to vegetate at the beach as it is finally warm enough to do so.

We got so much accomplished: A venue, a date, a wedding dress on order. And all more or less within my budget. Of course there are the add-ons that will be coming... We are working off a spreadsheet with timelines for tasks to accomplish. Obviously the venue was the most important accomplishment with this short a timeframe. DD is thrilled with the place and the date (Saturday September 28).

But back to being lazy. Time to get changed and take Justice for his morning walk in the sun.

Have a magnificent Monday!

CC C.
on 2/12/24 9:09 am

The sun is out again! And we should get to 53 today. Woohoo!

I have a guy coming out this afternoon to give me an estimate to fix the cracking/crumbling grout on some of my outdoor flagstone tiles. The tiles by the front door are loose too. With the extremes in temperatures and ice, I can't imagine it will get better over time. I need to go dig through the leftover construction stuff and see if they left the grout so I can tell the color.

I think I have found one side effect for me of the Zepbound. Mood swings. The last few days I have gotten irrationally upset, once was at my dad and the other had no cause. It's weird. Like the sky is falling. And after a while it passes. I've read other accounts of people feeling like this - moody, irrationally angry, *****y, small gripes becoming angry volcanoes, fuses shortened, frustration crying, irritable... Some describe it as hangry without the hunger. Weird. Maybe acknowledging it will make it easier to control my responses.

Upside, I was down another 0.8 pounds today. I don't know that i'm eating that much less either. Yesterday I had 2 coffees with sugar free coffeemate, one with collagen proteins, 2 eggs, 2 thick slices of bacon, chips and guacamole, 8 baked chicken wings with blue cheese dressing, carrots and celery, and a big chocolate chip cookie. I might have had a string cheese too, I can't remember. Seemed like a lot.

Aside from the masonry guy, I need to vacuum, change sheets, and walk the dog. Seems like a full day to me!

Take care all - happy Monday!

Peps
on 2/12/24 11:35 am

Your eating sounds low to me. I would most likely lose if that's what I was eating each day. Of course, depends on the size of the cookie.... LOL!

CC C.
on 2/12/24 12:03 pm

The cookie was a good 5" in diameter with chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, coconut, and oatmeal. Delish.

I think calorie-wise it ended up a lot. The eggs were in butter, the bacon is the equivalent of 4 regular pieces and Claudia bastes them in maple syrup. I ate a lot of guac and chips. And the wings still had skin, tossed in butter and buffalo sauce with like a quarter cup of blue cheese dressing.

Peps
on 2/12/24 11:47 am

Even as a non football person, yes, the end of yesterday's Super Bowl game was exciting! I was impressed by Mahomes. It was really like the 49ers didn't lose, but Mahomes came in and just took the game. I read later last night that he is known to do that type of thing.

Weight continues to trend downward for me. I'm feeling excited and nervous about my semaglutide start. Looks like it should be early next week. Fingers crossed it is the extra little help I need. I have great hopes. I hope I am not being overly optimistic.

Not much else other than a long to do list I have created for myself: trimming Molly, sorting mail, meal prep, dog club stuff, and the list goes on and on and on....

I have a recurring dream. I over sleep and simply miss my morning classes. In my dream I am always missing at least one or two classes. Last night I waltzed into school at 11:15 am - 3 hours late!!!!! What is that about????

Oh, I'd like this to be a Magic Monday!

DiamondD
on 2/12/24 3:36 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

I've had those dreams too, I forgot to go to some big meeting at the District Office, or I didn't get a sub. It feels like the forgot to go to the class and now I need to take the final dreams. I'm usually not clear what triggers them, unlike my dream a student held a knife to !y throat and no one would answer 911. That one seemed pretty clear.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/12/24 5:22 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have dreams periodically of being back in school and being unprepared. I think that is weird at this stage of life.

diane S.
on 2/12/24 3:54 pm

Greetings all

Mixed sun and clouds today but at least there is no rain. Not sure how long that will last. I am hoping it stays clear through Valentines day because I work at the gallery and hope lots of people come in.

Hmmm CC I did not know mood swings could occur. Oh well. Understanding it helps. We like your progress reports. You too DD. CC your Super Bowl fare sounds great. Yummy. Not too much in the way of carbs.

So DH had another Dr. appointment with the vascular doctor today and they discussed results of his exams and tests. He has two bad vein valves in one leg and one in the other. Not surprising since his legs were swollen. He has to wear compression socks for three months and then likely have the veins sealed. They run a tube to the offending valve and then squirt some glue in which shuts it down and body works around it. Out patient. I am not surprised by this. A friend had this recently. More to research but it's a common thing. Also a cardiologist referral. Also prescription to a Canadian pharmacy to get Eloquis cheaper. It feels good that some things are finally happening. I have a lot of questions about after care because I am the one who will have to engineer everything.

Yeah the super bowl was a good game. Chiefs earned it. Studio buddy came by and talked the entire time. No clue if the show was any good because she talked through it. She is stressed out by various things but it gets kind of old. I made chili and it was great.

Liz that dress is wonderful. Excellent choice. You can tell she loves it. Dress plus venue - biggest stuff done. Enjoy your veg time.

I stopped in the studio today and can't find an item that I thought was fired. Oh well. It will turn up.

Peps when is Molly's next show? Any puppies planned?

Yeah dreams about missing exams. Had those most of my life. I still have dreams about my old law practice and winding it up. (read:escape).

Well the dogs think it's time for dinner. Not yet. Chili for the humans. Kibble for the pups.

Diane S

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

DiamondD
on 2/12/24 4:00 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

It is good to hear things ate moving forward for your DH's treatment.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/12/24 5:26 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good news that you are moving forward with plans for DH. Why do we all have dreams about school even if we aren't teachers?