VSG Maintenance Group

Groups » VSG Maintenance Grou... » Discussion » Sunday, April 28, 2...

Sunday, April 28, 2024

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/28/24 4:14 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you CC for the Italian meal suggestion. I was only able to eat one of the two large meatballs in the appetizer but that was enough. Son-in-law took the other home to eat as a sandwich today. I do need to have a conversation with DH about food pushing though. He gave me a slightly hard time about not ordering a full meal.

Today is the usual Sunday breakfast out but that is easy to navigate as I just have 2 eggs. Dinner at the club where I will once again have to figure out a good choice. That's going to be the way of it pretty much for the next few weeks until we fly north.

I hope you all have a sweet Sunday!

CC C.
on 4/28/24 8:18 am

I just erased a long rant about Kirby leaving me clinging to the very edge of the bed all night, not moving for love or money and then knocking the protein shake out of my hand and all over the couch while sitting on me this morning. I signed up for him, and now I get him in all his glory. Would no bed/no couch rules be wrong for a very cuddly puppy? I feel like they would, but I hate the results of letting him be wherever he wants.

I picked up my painting yesterday. I love it! She was very sweet (put out cookies and water bottles for me), but was trying to get me to buy more paintings. I love her work, but I just wanted one.

The scale was up 0.4 today.

There is an area wide art open house thus weekend where you can go to various home studios of local artists and shop. I am going with my two friends, Cathy and Amy. First we're going to brunch to plan with the map which ones we want to see, then we'll head out. Should be fun with those two!

I think that's all for me. The couch is drying, my ire at the couch and bad night's sleep is cooling off... I need to shower and get going. Take care all and have a good day!

DiamondD
on 4/28/24 4:45 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Not being the best housekeeper, my lab was not allowed on any of the couches because I knew I wouldn't get to vacuuming often enough and we'd all have fuzzy dog hair butts. But DD did see Bella go in the livingroom, look around for witnesses, and then jump on the couch. When DD stepped out from around the corner and scolded her, she slunk away either ashamed or annoyed at being caught.

Peps
on 4/28/24 8:38 am

Quick post before leaving for today's dog show... Luckily, it's local so I am driving back and forth, which leads to a good night's rest. While I love the RV, I sleep more soundly in my own bed at home.

Today my weight is at a new semaglutide low! Yay! Must keep going... LOL! Yesterday I had honest heartburn for a short while. I take Protonix, so not sure what that was about. It was very short lived, but odd....

Molly got an owner handled Best in Show yesterday. Whoo hooo!!!!! What I think is pretty cool is that her daddy, Blitz, got Best in Show OH there last year. Now I have ginormous matching blue ribbons to display!

CC, the Kirby story.... LOL! Liz, food pushing is real and don't think most people understand how sabotaging it can be! I agree on talking to Mike. He probably doesn't even realize how inappropriate food pushing is or that he's even doing it.

Have a super Sunday peeps!

Miss150
on 4/28/24 1:03 pm

Devon's Delightful Dog Dynasty in the making! An epic to behold

DiamondD
on 4/28/24 4:52 pm
VSG on 06/13/12

Peps your success and the success of your dogs is awe inspiring. And I always come back to how wonderful that someone is leading the way who cares so much for the welfare of these beautiful creatures. Maybe that's the norm of the dog show circuit, you can't have quality dogs without quality care. But I'm traumatized by some of my Dad's stories of puppy mills, or irresponsible owners, or hoarders (he did some pro bono work for the Humane Society) , so it just warms my heart to think of all the well loved, well cared for dogs here in our tribe.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/28/24 9:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

CC and Peps have full fun days planned! For those on GLP-1 meds, when did you first notice the reduction in aches? My knees seem better the last couple of days and I wondered if it was the medication or the weight reduction.

CC C.
on 4/28/24 5:38 pm

Within the first few weeks. I think it's all the inflammation it takes care of!

Peps
on 4/28/24 9:58 pm

I noticed a reduction in the first few weeks, but it was after 3 1/2 - 4 weeks that I felt the full impact of the change. I noticed it again today after a full day on my feet and a drive home I was able to get out of the van and just move without having to "warm up" my hips and back.

Miss150
on 4/28/24 1:49 pm

170.0 (for self accountability)

Took a stroll around the property after church with the Swann, who was desperate to check his various wood piles for potential varmints, check the fence lines, and, just for the fun factor chased a few tree rats, who are, in his opinion, evil incarnate. I took the opportunity to pick up numerous branches and 5 large limbs that had dropped in the storm last night.

****ly, Swann is all of 19#s and takes up as much room as DH in bed, so I can just imagine what kind of bed real estate Kirby takes up. I have better luck staking my claim first then, well, Kurt and Swann can work the rest of the space left between them.

Liz, your mention of food pushing got me thinking that sometimes I do that to Kurt in an attempt to make trigger foods disappear. Being both a closet and binge eater, those foods seem to "call" me. I'm only about a month detoxing and it only takes one or two (name any treat) to reactivate the cravings. Anyways, being a food pusher is not something Iwant to be. Better to tra**** in the can.

Enjoy the day - it's all good.