Should I be worried?

Dymone
on 1/1/10 6:23 am - Everman, TX

First Off "Happy New Year" Everyone!

Should I be worried, I am scheduled for surgery on Jan.7th and I had to call the doctor's office to find out if I was still scheduled.  The lady told me that I am the first one on that day for 7:30am.

But I had to go in on the 17th of Dec for a weight check and have not heard back from the nurse.  So I called to talk to the nurse on Wednesday and they said she was out sick, so I called her Thursday and they told me she was already gone for the day and I could leave a message for her to call me back on Monday.  I am already nervous about the upcoming surgery, and I haven't even done my pre-op or anything.

I know I am rambling, and my mother said not to worry cause if anything had changed, they would have already called me.  Like I said, I am just nervous and want everything to go right.

I know you many of you have been in my shoes, and know what I'm going through.

Good Luck to all the upcoming surgeries.  Wishing you all a safe and speedy recovery.

Take Care,

~Blessed beyond measures~  * With him on my side, there's nothing I can't do.*

~Ready for the new life...and the New ME~
Ready to spread my Pretty Wings and Fly

Mz_Dymone

Missy N.
on 1/1/10 7:50 am - Kalkaska
Dymone- Good luck! Let us know how it turns out on Monday!  I am sure everything is fine, and you are just worrying for nothing. :)

Missy       LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat
HW 260 SW 249 (1/20/10)  CW 134
1st GW 150 (reached 8/29/10) 
2nd GW 135 (reached 12/1/10)
I really don't have another goal weight. :)

LyndseyLouWho
on 1/1/10 7:57 am - Nyack, NY
Definitely keep bugging them first thing Monday morning! It's different for everyone, but the hospital where I had my surgery required pre-admission testing to be done at least 2 weeks before the surgery date. Let us know what you find out! Good luck!

mrslatch
on 1/1/10 8:26 am - Fort Campbell, KY
Hun I'm sure everything is a go! I think your mom is right. If something had changed I think they would have called before now. If it makes you feel any better my pre-op blood work and all that is on Monday, and my surgery is on Tuesday! Keep us updated!
Morgan  My Blog
Proud Army Wife! 

Roxy2974
on 1/1/10 5:18 pm - Austell, GA
Take a Deep Breathe..
Know everything that is to be will be (I have some nerve..lol) Seriously, call them on Monday Morning and let them know your concerns and explain u do not need this added stress. BUT I had my pre-op visit with Dr. on Dec. 17th and met with the Anesthesiologist on Dec. 31st and had all my pre-op blood work done, My surgery is on Monday morning and only thing they will do is take my urine to make sure I am not pregnant and I am not.

HW: 410 PLD: 401 SW: 388.8 CW: 240 GW: 180                   

Use Code: TouchstoneGA12 to get your OH conference tickets for $49.00
LessLisa
on 1/3/10 12:27 am - Jefferson, OH
My surgery is also on the 7th and my pre-op testing isn't until the 5th and 6th (both days).  I have already had alot of testing done, but these are for admitting, meeting with surgeon and anesthesiologist, chest x-ray and gallbladder ultrasound. 

I'm sure everything is fine, but definitely call in the morning first thing.  I can't believe they haven't been more in touch with you.   Please update us when you do talk with someone!
~Lisa   276 / 167 / 170 (start / current / goal)
Website - LessLisa

Most Active
Recent Topics