plateau buster?

tripletrouble
on 3/13/07 10:03 am - Solvay, NY
I was wondering if someone has the plateau buster diet. I have seen it before but unfortunately did not write it down. I am one year post op (surgery 2/6/06) and am down 120 pounds. I feel fantastic; however, I am slowly seeing the the weight come back on and I DO NOT WANT THAT TO HAPPEN. My lowest weight was 135 and now I am 140. I know this is not horrible but I would like to lose 5 pounds before going to Florida for Easter plus I would rather have to lose 5 pounds than 50 pounds. Thanks for your help! Lori
SweetSarah1
on 3/14/07 5:58 am
Hi Lori, This is the plateau buster that I found copied in one of my folders: PLATEAU BUSTER: #1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau #2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day #3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day #4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day beef pork chicken turkey lamb fish eggs low fat cheese cottage cheese plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?) peanut butter beans/legumes You may also have: sugar free Popsicles tea or coffee sugar free soda sugar free jello broths/bullion (sp?) crystal light drinks #5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!! #6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise Not sure if it works... Haven't actually ever followed it to the tee before. Let me know if this works for you cuz I need a kick start too. --- S
Elisa *
on 3/15/07 7:49 am - I.V., CA
Yeah let us know if it works! I sometimes wish I would be satisfied with just the foods listed above, like in the early days, but nope not anymore. I can eat ANYTHING...not such a good thing. Elisa
Gi G.
on 3/15/07 8:17 am
I can't imagine eating 3 ounces of peanut butter FIVE times a day would be at all good for a diet, which is why I don't think I'd consider this diet. But if you do try it, let us know how you do! xosm
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views