Are you still losing? How's life for you

EeeVee
on 5/3/07 5:08 am - paradise, CA
I don't mean to brag or make anyone feel bad, but after a year in Feb, I'm still going strong in my weight loss journey. I'd love to hear from others who are also going strong. the only thing I still strugle with is eating fast, years and years of conditioning. I feel like I'm a slow loser, but I don't mind one bit because I'm still loosing. How are you other FED WLS people doing? what do you find is the hardest now?
Terri R. R
on 5/4/07 3:38 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
I'm still losing too. I'm trying to maintain and lost another 2 lbs last month. I think the hardest thing for me is finding the pefect balance to stop losing. I never thought I would have this problem.
Jen Halliday
on 5/4/07 8:55 am - Elmira, NY
I'm still losing, too. Granted, it's much slower, but it's still coming off. And I'm trying to maintain now instead of lose!! It's funny, but people will come up to me and beg me to stop losing weight; that I'm too skinny. I actually don't think I am. I think that I'm healthy looking. I will agree with them on one area: I do not need to lose any more weight! I just kissed my bat wings and would've kissed my apron gut if I could get down there. Well, I am pretty flexible....! I mean, I LOVE my extra skin because it's a reminder of where I've come from. There are days that I don't like it so much, and I might want to have it removed someday, but for now, it's with me on my journey! It's just me and my bat wings! And let me tell YOU, I wear short-sleeved shirts just like I've always wanted to do after surgery! And my wrinkly, stretchy-looking skin shows....but I don't care. It doesn't bother me. That's where I'm at. In a good place, as thankful as ever for my RNY! Praise God He made a way for me to have this surgery! Hope everyone's journey is just as good, if not better! Hugs and love to you all! Jen Halliday
Beam me up Scottie
on 5/6/07 12:20 am
I'm still losing, although I've been on a plateau for the past 3 weeks. UGH!!!! It's my own fault though, I had no idea how much I was eating, so I started to use fit day again (for the first time in 4 or 5 months). Anyway it turns out eating 5,000 to 6000 calories a day just isn't beneficial to losing...although it has kept me maintaining (so at least I know what i'll have to eat once I reach that stage). So i've started to go low carb again (as of today)....and if that fails and I haven't dropped any weight by the end of the week, I'm off to weigh****chers....I figure that a few weeks on that and I'd make it to my goal weight of 190. I have lost 91 percent of my excess weight, which technically means I'm a successful WLS patient, but why come so far, just not to make it to your goal? You know what i mean? Scott
Kayla
on 5/6/07 1:42 pm - Skinny Land, CA
I've stopped losing and have actually had a gain from my lowest of 126. I am now about 10 pounds more...usually just under 140. BUT at my height and build...this is a GREAT weight for me. IT IS VERY scary to have any gain! And I MISS LOSING!!! But I'll take my size 4's any day!!!! Ya'll are doing so good!
kd5fil
on 5/6/07 11:11 pm - Harlingen, TX
I am still loosing too but a whole lot slower now...usually around 2 lbs a month. But I'm glad that it is still coming off. I struggle too with eating too fast sometimes. But it's great to see that my pouch still let's me know when I've eaten too fast. It is a great tool! The hardest for me now if being able to keep up with the exercise. I know that if i exercised I would be loosing more but it's just so hard to fit it in to my schedule with full-time work, school part time and a husband and 5 children. Oh well, I am happy!
Chaplain
on 6/29/07 1:36 am - Panama City, FL
I do not think you are bragging, but even if you were you have every right too! I too after my surgery in February 2006 am still loosing weight. I think we all have the same struggles of eating too fast or being tempted to eat those foods that are not good for us. When I was on vacation I ate some of the things I normally would not eat if I were at home, but surprisingly when I got home and weighed in I did not gain a lot of weight. My old weight goal was 195 pounds and now that I have passed that at 190 pounds I have set a new goal at my doctor suggestion of 175 pounds. Once I reach that goal I am going to stay at that weight. I believe once you start of this journey it is for life. Congratulations and keep up the good work!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views