Can you eat this in one sitting?

Elisa *
on 10/6/07 12:25 pm - I.V., CA
For breakfast I can usually eat all this: 2-3 bacon strips 1 medium egg 1 slice of toast Nothing to drink just that. Just wondering if that's a lot of food? Thanks! Elisa
Jen Halliday
on 10/6/07 10:24 pm - Elmira, NY
Yes, I can. In fact, this morning for breakfast I'm having 1 serving of Gardenburger BBQ Riblets (hey, why not have dinner for breaky? We do breaky for dinner, right?) a cheese stick and a few bites of apple. Yeah, I can eat. I don't eat anywhere near what I used to, but I can eat more than I thought I would. I asked my support group facilitator and she said that I shouldn't worry about it because of my activity level. Not only do I move a lot, but I work out and run. So, I'm burning up some of the calories I consume. I'm not really that worried about it. The thing I am worried about is when I hear people that are 3 years out saying they still only eat a few tablespoons of food. Holy crap! I don't know if that's because they don't dare eat any more or if they think that's all they'll for the rest of their lives or maybe they don't move much. I don't know. I was convinced I overeat, but I was told not to worry about it; as long as I move and keep measuring my food, I'll be fine. And if I measure out 1/2 cup cottage cheese and can only eat 1/4 cup, I don't pu**** There are days when I can only eat half of what I measured out, and that's okay. I try not to eat past that 20 minute time frame and I still don't eat & drink at the same time. Those are the foundational things that I hold fast to, you know? Because if I let those go, where else do I go? Back to where Iwas, eating however much I wanted & drinking with my meals? Uck, no way and no thank you! So, Elisa, I would say to you don't worry. As long as you're active and work off those calories, don't worry. Don't obsess with working off calories. Just move. Don't be sedentary. Hey, have fun with your eating! Jen Halliday
Elisa *
on 10/17/07 8:08 am - I.V., CA
Thank you Jen! I really don't obsess over calories but I do think a lot more about what I put in my body. Elisa
kd5fil
on 10/8/07 3:56 am - Harlingen, TX
Hey Elisa! Yep, I sure can eat that. It doesn't seem like much to me and it's mostly protein. This morning I had a low carb flour tortilla with sausage, egg & cheese in it and I ate it all. I buy the Nature's Own Sugar Free bread too so I don't feel so bad when I eat bread.
Elisa *
on 10/17/07 8:07 am - I.V., CA
Hey Loretta! Yeah well at least it is protein. I didn't even know about the sugar free bread...hmm, thanks! Elisa
kd5fil
on 10/19/07 12:26 am - Harlingen, TX
Yea, the sugar free is great! I'm glad I found it.
Beam me up Scottie
on 10/8/07 11:27 am
My advice is to go to the WLS graduate forum, you will be able to see what other people are able to eat this far out that had your surgery. There is a great woman over there who does a WDYET post almost everyday...and they are extremely supportive of eachother. Is it too much? I guess it depends on what your calorie or nutritonal goals are....in general I'd say no. I had the DS and eat about 3-4 times that amount for breakfast...but thats ok, because I malabsorb most of the fat and 1/2 the protein and it fits in my nutritonal goals. Do you use fit day? Perhaps using it for a couple of days would help you feel more secure in what you are eating. Scott
Elisa *
on 10/17/07 8:03 am - I.V., CA
Thank you for the feedback and suggestion...I'm just wondering when most of you start to get that "full" sensation and I usually do with that much food...sometimes I think I could eat more but I pay for it. Elisa
Terri R. R
on 10/9/07 7:07 am - 'bout 45 minutes from San Francisco, CA
That sounds pretty much like what a "normal" female would eat for breakfast. Since I'm not normal, I do eat more. When I was on vacation, I would eat breakfast on the ship. I would have 2 eggs scrambled, 4-5 slices of bacon, a piece of sausage, a banana, and a biscuit. I know I know ... I'm a pig!
Elisa *
on 10/17/07 8:01 am - I.V., CA
Terri, I know you eat more because you exercise a lot but does all that fit in your pouch in one sitting? Or do you do the 15min thing where you only eat what you can in that amount of time? See that's what I'm wondering... Thanks for the feedback. Elisa
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views