Plastic Surgery Information

Stacy A.
on 11/22/07 2:42 am - Cedar Park, TX
Hi, I am Stacy and I am a part of your "group" I guess since I had Open RNY in Feb 2006. I have done well after beginning complications and I have been at goal for a while. Now on Dec 13 I am having plastic Surgery. I am having a breast lift and tummy tuck. I am here today asking for information from others who have had the same thing done. Either both or just one of them. I am very nervous, I wasn't nervous about my WLS but this I am. I am not a baby and have a high tolerance for pain, but I just want to know how others were with the pain and the recovery. Anywhere from when you were able to have sex again, when could you drive, when were you able to walk straight up, lifting issues, just so many things I can't think if them all right now. The Dr can tell me what he thinks but I want to know from real people who went through it. I also want to know anything bad you experienced, I like to know it all. Thanks in advance for any information or advice. Best of luck to all wherever you are in your journey. Happy Thanksgiving as well. Stacy
LostInTheNet
on 11/28/07 1:42 pm - Metrowest, MA
For me the pain and recovery from the tt has been much worse than when I had the rny. I still have some issues. The first few weks with the drains were not fun and after my infection and having to get re opened and drainded was the pits. On the plus side I did drop 3 pants sizes. best of luck. Doug.
Beam me up Scottie
on 12/23/07 7:06 am
WB stacy....long time no talk. Congrats on getting to goal. If you go to the plastics forum, I'm sure you will get a lot bigger response...this forum has kind of died off. From my understanding....plastics is the poo...it sucks, but the results are worth it. Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Scott
MeMagee
on 2/8/08 10:12 pm - arnold, MO
Stacy, I too had GB in feb of 2006. I have also been through the circumferential body lift, brachioplasty and breast augmentation. I also elected for the facelift to pull up that double chin. It sounds like alot and it was...it kinda sucks but the results are DEFINITELY worth it. I would highly recommend www.bodyaesthetics.com in St Louis. Dr Boswell and Centenno really specialize in massive weight loss patients and they do excellent work. I am saving for the inner thigh lift and then I am done....I just needed the skin removed where I couldn't do it. BTW, I went from 378 pounds to 170 (15 left to go!)....the recovery isn't easy but it's not horrible. Gastric bypass recovery was worse. Plastics sting a little more but it's not that deep in pain you have with the GB Good Luck, I hope this helps. Just make sure you check out your surgeon before any procedure and make sure they are board certified REgards, Angel
mollybee
on 5/26/08 12:52 pm - Smithville, MO
Hi Stacy, I was wondering how your plastic surgery went? I am considering it, but am scared. I would appreciate any advice or guidance you are willing to give. Thank you, Teresa
Stacy A.
on 5/26/08 10:21 pm - Cedar Park, TX
Teresa, Everything went great!!! I had a breast lift and tummy tuck. I had my surgery in Dec. I healed very well. The pain was not as bad as I thought it would be. I did have 4 drains - those sucked and they were uncomfortable, but all in all they were not painful. I slept in a recliner for about 5 days, after that I was back in my bed. The recovery as far as getting all my energy back took about 2 months - but that is to be expected. If you have any other specific questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Stacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views