ROLL CALL: How are you preparing for the big day?

Jessi S.
on 1/22/06 1:53 am - Evansville, IN
I have bought samples of protein for after surgery, am walking 30 min at lunch (weather permitting), have been saying good bye to the really bad foods that I will not/do not want to have again, eating smaller portions, and am scouring the message boards for anything that will help me mentally and physically (sp) prepare. How about you? ((((HUGS)))) Jessi
coolguy_m33
on 1/22/06 2:14 am - chandler, AZ
Seems like you are doing a good job. Here i also buying and trying various nutrition drinks, powders, soy milk, beans, FF cheese, FF cottage cheese (yucky i didnt like cottage cheese). I also bought calcium chewables and bought a sublingual B complex (with B-12) that i like. Currently looking for a multivitamin (hopefully that has iron also in it), dont know what to buy for that. And like you I also started eating in a designated area and following 30-20-30 rule with lot of chewing and lot of water throughout the day. However i'm still eating all the unhealthy foods that i used to eat, so i dont crave them anymore. Hope this helps, feel free to ping me for more. best of luck
Jessi S.
on 1/22/06 10:01 am - Evansville, IN
I don't care for the FF stuff, I prefer the low fat much better. My nut said most people don't like the FF stuff. LOL I just want to suggest you look for a vitamin designed for the bariatric patient. You won't have to take as many pills and the price is about the same. (If you combine the price for all the vitamins seprate) I hate taking pills so the fewer the better for me!!! Feel free to email me too Jessi
gail h
on 1/22/06 2:18 am - Calhoun, GA
Trying to cut down on eating I'm drinking lots of water, almost got the soft drinks cut out! I am going out next weekend and having a good steak dinner!! (last supper) Aslo gettings some protein drinks, I know I like slim fast but I'm going to see if I can find some more with less sugar that I like..
Cindy M.
on 1/22/06 3:34 am - Land of Midwest sunsets, KS
Jessi, WOW walking 30 minutes a day thats great. I have got to start walking. I have been told by 2 freinds at work that have had the Rny not to buy to much stuff because your tastes change sfter surgery. Also both of them have trouble with dairy. I hope that isn't my case. I've been reading that post op starting with warm tea in the morning helps your stomache relax and makes food go down better. I have allways been a big water drinker but now that is almost all I drink.Looks like from this board that we are going to have great company on this weight loss ride. Cindy
sue_potter
on 1/22/06 4:26 am - gresham, OR
I just posted on the Oregon board that I am so hungry I could die! I have been doing the protien for several months, vitamins (I found a liquid at GNC that I really like.) and just in the past few days, I am like a Hoover! I was walking every day, but our weather has put a stop to that, and I hurt everywhere when I don't move. My surgery is 2-1-06. Is anyone else out there having the same problem? sue
Tamyrn
on 1/22/06 8:51 am - Commerce, TX
Hi all, I went shopping today for cute things to wear at the hospital and the days immediately following. Maybe I should shop for the chewable multivitamin the Doc mentioned as well...Oops.
Jessi S.
on 1/22/06 10:07 am - Evansville, IN
I have been eating like crazy today!! I vow to get back on track in the morning. Mondays are always a good day for me to get back on track...kinda like a fresh start. Jessi
Elisa *
on 1/24/06 6:26 pm - I.V., CA
Hi Sue, I was just wondering if you could tell me the brand name of the liquid vitamins you found at GNC. I plan on going shopping for stuff this weekend. Thanks! Elisa
sue_potter
on 1/25/06 12:15 am - gresham, OR
The brand is Tropical Oasis. It says on the label Multiple Vitamin/Mineral with Amino Acids & Herbs. Flavor is Cranberry Aloe Vera- I think there is only one flavor. I am a big weeny when it comes to taking things such as vitamins and this has been amazing! I don't even mix it in protien, although you can if you want to. It is a bit spendier than other chewables (29.95), but with a GNC card (5.00 one time purchase of the card) you get 20% off - so the first time you spend 5 for the card and save 6 just on the vitamins. If you use other products it is a great savings. They call you when the Gold card is offering additional discounts and let you know of all their sales on different products. Hope this helps....this brand was on the list of vitamins given to me by the Obesity Clinic dietician.
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 761 views