12 more days...any advice on not how to go nuts?

Samantha
on 2/3/06 12:21 pm - chula vista, CA
I have waited an eternity it seems and now it is almost here. I am experiencing every emotion conceivable.... i am trying to get work and my house and garage in order so i can be "stress" free for recovery does anyone else act like this it is like anticpating childbirth,,,,,excited and scared and trying to get stuff done. any input would be so appreciated need to post a picture so i can have a before and after Is this really me writing this?
Deanna F.
on 2/3/06 9:42 pm - Poughkeepsie, NY
Hi Samantha, Yes, I am going through the same thing. I am trying to get every bit of laundry done, and all the cleaning and anything else I can think of before I go in. I think it is more to keep my mind occupied than anything. So far it isn't working very well! I am counting the days. I am going back and forth with the same emotions as well. I try to put everything out of my mind as I have done everything already and am just waiting... and I know it is not doing me any good to sit around and be an emotional yoyo, but I can't seem to stop it sometimes. I think we are being perfectly normal from reading others' posts. Good luck with your surgery, and keep us posted. Hugs, Deanna
whateverittakes
on 2/4/06 8:09 am - newport, KY
Samantha, I think I may be as bad. I have shopped for everything I need 5 times over. I have gone over every conceivable scenario and tried to prepare for it. I have had my luggage packed since early January. I have cleaned the house twice and am thinking about doing it one more time cause a may not have the strength later. Believe me, I have great faith in my surgeon but I think I am trying to keep my mind off the food I am not eating because I am on a liquid diet now!
Most Active
Recent Topics
I'm out of control
maryjo57 · 3 replies · 1685 views
5 years ago
Homeseller_Rebecca W. · 0 replies · 661 views
NEED INFORMATION...HELP
janeel1 · 1 replies · 760 views