I'm Home :)

dmwc1962
on 2/20/10 2:34 pm
Surgery was 2/18, got home from the hospital at 11 this morning. 

I feel mostly good except for the really sore throat from the tube during surgery and some gas pains.    I am sipping, sipping and sipping some more and making sure I drink at least 40 oz but am striving for 64 oz liquid per day.  So far it's been PowerAde Zero, weak chicken broth and sugar free jello.   I have had no nausea so Doc says I can try to introduce something from the "full" liquid list tomorrow.  I am a litte nervous about changing things up but excited also.  One step closer to recovery.

Thanks to everyone for their words of wisdom before my surgery and I look forward to any words of wisdom or guidance that you can offer post surgery.  My Doc says that the rules are not written in stone (except for how much liquid I MUST take in every day) so guidance from those who have tried and true stories to share are most welcome and will be appreciated.

Thanks to all and God Bless!  I am going to sleep in my own bed now !!!
ruxanby
on 2/20/10 9:00 pm
Congrats on your surgery and welcome home.  I made it home on Friday and am still moving slowly, having a hard time sleeping or getting comfortable.  I get to advance my diet after my follow-up appt on Wednesday. Welcome to the loser's bench
Sheri
Sheri F.   
LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

dmwc1962
on 2/20/10 11:38 pm
Congrats on your surgery and welcome home to you as well. 

I am already moving around quite nicely.   I didn't sleep in my bed last night as I wasn't able to get comfortable so I got up and got nice and cozy in a recliner and slept like a baby.   The best part of this journey so far for me is my BP seems to have regulated already - it is averaging 125/80 which is just unreal.  

Good luck to you and I do hope sleeping gets better for you really soon.    Did your Dr. send you home with some pain meds? 

Donna 
 Looking forward to the best years of my life!

lindahob
on 2/20/10 10:00 pm
Welcome home and hope you enjoyed some sleep.  It was great to get into my own bed after the hospital!
Linda
Highest Weight 326
Start Weight /RNY Feb 16th 287
Current Weight  158
Goal Weight 159 (not sure)

Note: 39 lbs lost preop
Most Active
Recent Topics
Our 2 year - we rock!
Liz R. · 3 replies · 1441 views
One Year. No Regrets!
Sunshine704NC · 1 replies · 1421 views