Stopped weight loss

Dianna1964
on 3/22/10 1:02 pm - Apple Valley, CA
I had my surgery on 02/01/2010. Went home three days later. Felt awful on the day I went home. Was having dry heaves & bad, bad gas. The first night home I got up every hour. But as the days went by I started feeling better. In the first month I had lost 26 lbs. I am on the third diet (chicken, tuna, fresh fruits & veggies etc) I found that my mouth was dry all the time. No matter how much water I drank.
Now almost two months post op my weight loss has stopped. I am very discouraged about this. Is this normal? How long does this last? Do I have to do an exercise program to get weight loss going again? 
I hope that I didnt go through all this just to lose 37lbs total. Does anyone have any advice?
Dianna
salem4444
on 3/25/10 11:53 pm - Canada
I had surgery on feb 2 and I have lost 35 lbs... For the last 2 weeks, I only lost 1 pound! But I think it is normal, our body is adjusting to the new way we eat...I surely cannot wait to lose more!  And I started the gym a week ago, no change... But if we eat following the program we have, I don't know how it will be possible not to lose... also, I see that even with no pound lose, I lost many inches. Did you measure yourself?  I don't know how long the stall  will last, but you will start to lose again for sure.

As for the dry mouth, I don't know... I am never thirsty, and have problem getting enough water... I found that proteins drinks make my mouth dry thought...

Good luck!
                                              HW 320 SW 299  goal W 150 CW 138 (5' 7 " ) 
At Goal !!!

smithgirl71
on 4/13/10 12:28 pm - OH
RNY on 02/22/10 with
 You're doing great!  It's taking me 6 weeks to lose 26 pounds!

deborah72
on 4/19/10 10:56 pm - Pell City, AL
I am right there with you girl!  Just hang in there!  I am determined this will not be all.  I am anxious to have more weight come off.  I guess we just thought it would be a quicker loss that it currently is.  Which in some aspects it is...i would not have been able to lose this much weight prior to WLS!  Just keep thinking about how much better you feel now than before.  

Reached Onederland 5/26/2010 199.2 lbs
Highest weight 280 9/2009 Surgery weight 250 2/2010

Dianna1964
on 4/21/10 1:34 pm - Apple Valley, CA
Thanks for the encouragement. When was your WLS? 
Dianna
deborah72
on 4/21/10 10:19 pm - Pell City, AL
I had my WLS 8 days after you did.  I also had a speedy recovery, as I had Surgery on Tue and went back to work the following Mon.  I haven't looked back.  Every day I do feel better...Just making sure I am drinking enough and getting all my vits in.   I also have a scale addiction where I weigh every morning.  One great thing now when I go shopping I am looking for clothes that I can wear.  Use to when I went shopping I would just look for my husband and daughter.  Now I am actually looking for me.

Reached Onederland 5/26/2010 199.2 lbs
Highest weight 280 9/2009 Surgery weight 250 2/2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
Our 2 year - we rock!
Liz R. · 3 replies · 1437 views
One Year. No Regrets!
Sunshine704NC · 1 replies · 1419 views
TIme is flying...
jstatum_05 · 5 replies · 932 views
Wow time goes by fast...
DreamComeTrue07 · 2 replies · 892 views