Recent Posts

Glynn7811
on 1/8/13 2:31 pm
Topic: RE: LOOOONG Plateau???????????

I am so glad I found these messages.  I had surgery March 07 and hit a plateau and regained weight blush. I am not alone, I must change my habits as well. Counting calories and increasing exercise. But I did have hormonal issues when I reached  a plateau. ANYone else have this problem?

Brenda J.
on 12/26/11 11:07 pm - Tweed, Canada
Topic: RE: Are all girl Scout cookies evil?
you all sound very very naughty... funny you should have written this... as i was at a friend's house, and babysitting dogs,, and POP, i came accross 6 Girl scout cookies,, ( i would never buy these temptations) and away they fell by accident into my mouth.. all 6, i thought i was in heaven.... till i dumped....    We must all repent from this evil deed! !!!!!
Renee4joy
on 5/5/11 1:54 pm
Topic: RE: Where is Everybody!
hello,
i am new to this site but I had my surgery in March 2007. I am 10 pounds away from my goal. be encouraged that we will have our ups and downs but we are all overcomers and we can achieve our goals..Sometimes it just takes refocsing and discipline.Good luck and God Bless eveyone!!
Renee

Pre-OP: 286
Current: 150

Molly S.
on 7/11/10 6:01 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: RE: Where is Everybody!

Lesley,

All of the boards are very slow it seems over the summer!.  But there is some activity with BAF forum and main boards and some of the groups also.

HW 611  Pre-opW 580   LW 302  GW 238         

LMILOW
on 7/9/10 3:20 pm - Houston, TX
Topic: Where is Everybody!
Hello March 2007,

I was finally able to come up for air and stop by OH I didn't see any new post. I was wondering where have all the March 2007 post opts gone. I am a new mother and weight is not moving at all, but I take ownership for not doing my part. I just want to see how everyone is doing in this journey?

Pre op: 412
Current: 261 post delivery

Lesley

John W.
on 1/1/10 9:11 am - Near Topeka, KS
Topic: Join us in 2010

Hi March 07 surgery folks,

I'm inviting you to a little group to help those (yes, including myself) who have gained 10 or more pounds beyond that lowest weight. We are calling it the "Drop 10 for 10 Challenge". You can easily join this group by going to www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410. I'm hoping that with your help we can generate a little excitement and enthusiasm for getting back on track. We will have a monthly weighin, but it will only be pounds off since the start of the new 2010 decade. Your participation is only what you want to make it. I'm pumped up and ready to get back on track for 2010.

There are no hard and fast rules for joining, but you really should be at least 10 pounds above your lowest post-surgery weight and interested in getting things back in line.

Let's get this new decade off to a great start.

John Wurm

Start Wt: 347 --  Lowest: 191 --  Current: 216.2  --  Goal: 197

2 MINUTE VIDEO JOURNEY    ENJOY HERE ----> http://tinyurl.com/Jonoba07

New in 2010
Regain of 20 pounds has thrown me for a loop - will not let this get the best of me - what am I doing about it?
www.obesityhelp.com/group/Drop10410

N'Awlins Kat
on 10/12/09 5:37 am - TX
Topic: RE: Gaining weight?
I quit smoking (YAAAY) and regained 25 lbs (BOOOOO!) so I joined the "Back on Track Together" aka BOTT board, and am kicking myself in the rear to "get it right"...

I know what I need to do... and I DO want to do it... I think I know what happened...

For the longest I didn't care what I ate, I felt defeated... at some point I began to feel victorious... and knew I controlled the food... I watched and PICKED what I ate... I did not settle!

Now, I settle again... "just a little is ok" or  "I can have it if only have 3 bites" or "It's not much" but the thing is... it's consistently wrong choices... not the same single choice... just not consistently good ones... and it occurred to me a few weeks ago that I have GOT to remember that food is NOT for my tasting pleasure.... it is to fuel my body, and nothing more...

I don't put trashy gasoline in my car... I won't put this JUNK in my body...

I focus on it, and it literally is every hour that I have to remind myself that this is NOT the time to get lax about taking care of me!

HUGS to you all, we can most definitely do it... let's get BOTT!

N'Awlins Kat
Bariatric Professional and -  OH Leader since '05
Back on Track 8/2009 - ticking down, 12 lbs gone again!    

SEXY-KETA
on 9/11/09 3:42 pm - Pennsauken, NJ
Topic: RE: how is everyone 2 years have gone by??
Mines went well.  I stalled a lot and over the past year I have gained about 25 pounds, which I am now working to get off.  I just started back on the liquid diet and have lost 3 pounds.  Best wishes to all that are on this journey along with me.

Keta
SEXY-KETA
on 9/11/09 3:38 pm - Pennsauken, NJ
Weight has crept back on me as well.  August 2008 I was 207 lbs and had stalled.  I only had 17 pounds to go before I hit my goal weight of 190 lbs.  Now, I am 231 pounds and that's after losing 3 pounds over these past couple of days.  I never hit my goal weight.  I'm still happy with my results, but I refuse to go back up to 330 lbs.  I hope to hit my goal weight by my 3rd year.  I'm presently back on the liquid and puree diets.  I've lost 3 pounds so lets see what happens from there.  Best wishes on your journey.

Keta
LMILOW
on 7/20/09 7:36 pm, edited 7/20/09 7:36 pm - Houston, TX

I don’t have any real answers maybe your workout is not challenging to your metabolism anymore. I know before foot surgery I worked out the same and my weight stood at a plateau. You might have to do something very different in your routine to get everything back moving down. I noticed you said you eat the right things mostly. That could be slowly having an overall impact on your now very much over honeymoon phase has ended. My mom is 6 years out and has gained about 100 lbs. She still looks good but she stated out snaking like we do, and look what years of snacking as done for her I wish you luck.

Lesley

Most Active
Recent Topics
Where is Everybody!
LMILOW · 2 replies · 851 views
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 732 views
Gaining weight?
boomer65 · 3 replies · 1043 views
Second Band-aversary!
LoriPA · 1 replies · 768 views