Does anyone else worry about once the weight is off?

chrissyce
on 5/23/10 4:08 pm, edited 5/23/10 4:09 pm
I'll be honest and say I have attachment disorder, meaning, I never formed relationships with family members as a child. It's a long story but basically, I really fear once the weight is off and dealing with people in general. When your heavy, people tend to overlook/ignore you.

I know that I'm going to have a hard time dealing with this and actually receive counselling on this already. I just wondered if there is someone like me so that when we really start to lose, we can talk about how we are dealing with this.

Chrissy
heitimay
on 5/24/10 6:44 am
Chrissy, I read your post and needed to think about it a little bit! I think that I fear being noticed and getting attention when I much prefer to be a background kind of person. I don't have trouble with relationships so I don't have that kind of fear. I'm glad to hear you are in counseling- that has helped me with lots of stuff in the past! Perhaps your counselor will help you develop a plan for learning how to have relationships/people interactions that don't feel so threatening. Take care and keep up the good work! So glad to hear that your incision is getting smaller.
Heiti

Most Active
Recent Topics
Happy 3 year :)
Razzmuffin · 0 replies · 874 views
Starting Over
Lisa Y. · 5 replies · 1205 views
Hi all! 1½ yr update =)
Blue_Rattie · 1 replies · 982 views