Well, it's been almo...

tangela
on 4/17/07 12:18 am - Huntsville, AL
Well, it's been almost 4 years since my surgery. This past year has been a tough year. The honey moon is definitely over as far as the effects of the surgery. I would do it again in a heart beat. However, now it is back to reality. I've gained weight this year and I have to get back in control. I know that I eat no where near what I ate before surgery and I know I am much healthier. I now need to loose 30 lbs to really feel my best. If there is anyone else out there that is reaching the 4 year mark and needs a new boost of encouragement I'd love to hear from you. Any tips on how to get back on track would be helpful. Thank you!!!! and good luck to everyone. (total weight loss was approx. 140lbs).
alsobig
on 4/19/07 9:46 pm - Merrimack, NH
Yes in deed.... I had my surgery on May 15, 2003 and I have put on some weight this last year too... about 35lbs... NOT GOOD.... I need to get back in control also... I just love food and love to eat... I weigh myself everyday to see what the magic number is... I think it is a lack of commitment to exercise... I do good for a week or two then take a week or two or three off... Maybe we can kick each other in the but to get going again... I never want to be 420lbs again....!
emmadog
on 4/22/07 7:24 pm - Yuba City, CA
I had my surgery just about the same date as you did. I originally lost 170 lbs. I have in the last 6 months gained 20 lbs. It really scares me. I have had cravings worse than ever since my surgery. I am also concerned about the amount of food I am able to eat compared with the past few years. I am struggling to get back on track also.
alsobig
on 4/22/07 8:15 pm - Merrimack, NH
Me too... I had loss about 185. It is time to get back to it.... Just do it.... do it... that is what I am telling myself now...! Check back in and let get each other motovated!
bluesky
on 5/12/07 2:08 pm - Springfield, OR
I can hardly believe that 3yrs ago on May 10th, I had lap gastric bypass surgery. My weight was 304 lbs. I got down to 180 lbs, then I started gaining weight. All those old eating habits starting creeping back, the craving for certain foods etc. I gave in and thought I could handle it. When I reached 190 lbs, I freaked out.. I found a wt loss clinic here in Eugene OR, called "Monarch Medical Weight Loss Centers" and on their program I went from 190 lbs to 162 lbs(in 10 months). I'm in total control of my eating habits and have learned to eat healthy. I eat every 2-3 hrs. Low cal,(100-150cal) high pro(10-12 gr) mini meals, with 1 big meal (390 cal max) a day. Some patients qualify for appetite suppressents. I know that not everyone can join a wt loss clinic, but the program I'm on, is about the same as what we were told to do when we first had our surgeries. So, start back with the basic's up your protein, eat small low cal mini meals. Example: 1- 8oz Yoplait Light Smoothie and Frigo light string cheese is 150 cal and 15 gr protein. Example: 1/2 English muffin, 1- TBSP reduced fat cream cheese, 2 oz smoked salmon is 160 cal and 16 gr protein. Keep a food journal. My BMI was 33 when I started at the wt loss clinic, and my body fat was 40.6%. My fat free mass(muscle) was 59.4%. I was in a size 16-18 pants. Now, my BMI is 28. My body fat is at 36.4%. My fat free mass(muscle) is at 62.8% (you want to burn fat, not muscle) and I wear a size 10 jeans. You can do it Tangela.. If you have questions contact me.
jordene S.
on 1/3/08 1:57 am - Albuquerque, NM
I had my surgery 4 and half years ago... I too have gained back about 40 lbs since my lowest loss. I weighed 262.5 before surg. got to 167 and now I am at 207. I eat too much, still not as much as i used to eat. I eat too much and eat the wrong things. Sweets and just overeating in general. I am really going to get focused and try to get some of this 40 lbs off again. I found that I do not really have hunger pains like before surgery. I get a slight nudge that I may need to eat. So, I experimented and found that if i consumed 4 to 7 ozs every two hours, that is enough. So, i did the slimfast type shakes, but only 4 oz each serving. I also measured out 4 oz of whatever i eat. i will up date my profile in a week and let you know how it goes. I did two days of this.. for breakfast i had 4 oz shake, then two hours later 4 oz string cheeze, then two hrs later 4 oz shake, then 2 hours later 4 oz tunafish 2 hours later 4 oz applesauce and so on for two more servings that consisted of vegetables and finished w/ 4 oz of meat that i had served my family for dinner. I didn't feel hungry, i also didn't feel the urge to eat anything else throughout the day. I think it is just a matter of planning and knowing what i will take in and staying on a schedule. I know it wouldn't hurt to do something physical too. that could only help. But for now, i am going to concentrate on getting my eating under control again. I am ashamed to admit it, but I can actually eat an entire Big Mac... if i eat fries with it, i cannot finish a Big Mac. The whole issue is... I shouldn't even be eating at that establishment!!!!!! But that is another thing that I struggle with. So many issues so little time!!!!
Most Active