May 26, 2009 --- oh my!

KellyB1011
on 5/23/09 6:52 am - Dixon, IA
I am so glad that I am not alone in my nervousness & excitement! (My day is the 27th.) I am trying to stay very occupied this weekend, just to keep my mind off of Wednesday.
-Kelly

Gloria P.
on 5/23/09 7:57 am - Ruther Glen, VA
No you are certainly not alone. I am so nervous that maybe my liver hasn't gotten small enough...I don't want to be cut and not have the procedure completed...I am so worried and stressed right now. Will just pray and try to relax.

KellyB1011
on 5/24/09 7:41 am - Dixon, IA
Did your surgeon actually tell you that he'd stop the procedure if your liver wasn't smaller? I mean my doc told me that was the main reason for the high protein liquid diet for two weeks, but I mean, in reality- nobody ever measured my liver, so how they could tell exactly how much smaller it has gotten is beyond me. Plus- just like every body- there is some room for your genetics to take effect. I am no doc, but I am sure that everyone's liver is not EXACTLY the same.
I think we all should relax a bit . . . I bet we'll do fine!

After the journey to get to the surgery . . .let's focus on the recovery and the new healthier life ahead of us.
-Kelly

Rosebud2
on 5/24/09 1:52 pm, edited 5/24/09 1:53 pm
It is not that they are looking for the liver to be smaller.  They are looking for it to be less fatty.  I've been told that a fatty liver is very slippery and harder to handle.  The low carb diet helps to dissolve the fat around the liver that most obese people have.  So stay off the carbs.

Good luck to all with your surgeries this week.  I'm right there with you.

(23 prior to surgery)   

I'm 5'8"
The old broad

Most Active
Recent Topics
anyone on?
losing_it86 · 5 replies · 1395 views
NOTLosing
onyxmann · 5 replies · 1385 views
How is everyone?
EOD WIFE · 3 replies · 1259 views
132lbs gone!