6/27! In Chesapeake VA, the emotions!

Shelly R.
on 5/18/03 2:36 am - Chesapeake, VA
I have so many mixed emotions! Mainly excited, but now the thoughts of my 5 year old son and how I don't want to leave him without a Mom are starting to filter in. I'm 37, 5'2 at 225 lbs with a BMI of 41 with no comorbities. I put on about 70 lbs when I was pregnant with him and an additional 5 since then, but was never able to loose more than 30 lbs. since having him. I want to be an active Mom with him and not jus****ch life go by. I already feel like our sedentary lifestyle is giving him a couch potato attitude. Not acceptable! I also have to deal the opinions of many, with the attitude that my "size" isn't big enough for such a drastic surgery or I wouldn't think insurance would approve someone like you. It would be nice if I had the support from more than just a couple of friends and my husband. My sister who is 25 lbs heavier than me was denied by Aetna for lack of info. She wants to happy for me but instead is jealous. I told her I would help in anyway I can, but we'll see what happens.
Dorothy G.
on 5/18/03 6:39 am - Cold Brook, NY
Hi Shelly, I'm from upstate ny am 58/4' 11"/211 lbs have a BMI of 42.6 and i am having the rny surgery on JUne 11th. I've been waiting a very long time to have this done, and i can't wait till i am on the losing side of this battle. I do know what your going thru... My daughter (32) had surgery in march but she was alot heavier than you 352 to be exact she's now down to 300 lbs and doing great. i will be having the same surgeon do my surgery, i like him very much.... I wish you the best of luck on your surgery.... Dorothy Gillette Upstate NY Surgery/Dr. Graber/Hamilton, NY
Shelly T.
on 5/18/03 8:42 am - Hickory, NC
Hi. Like your name!! Anyway, I have been experiencng the same thing. My BMI is 43 and I am a little heavier than you but still getting the same comments. I actually have had people give me 1-800 #'s for diet pills that are for people who are REALLY fat -- (wasn't that nice of them to put it like that) and also have had the advice to "just eat like the people who have had the surgery without going through with the surgery"!!! Can you believe that!! Well, hell!!! None of us would be here if we could do that!! I know most are just worried about me but some are just cruel and like you said jealous. I am sure whenever I will get a compliment someone will be there to explain that I had surgery and didnot lose it on my own -- like I'm a cheater or something. Listen, until they have walked a mile in our shoes -- until they have looked into our sweet childrens eyes and know the torment of both the inability to enjoy life with them and the excrutiating pain of choosing surgery and the risks it holds -- they can all kiss my big fat (soon to be little) white butt!!! You go girl!! And you go enjoy life and happiness on the losing side!!! Shelly S.
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 846 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 814 views