One-Year Update - Reflections

Nannette
on 6/20/04 11:30 pm - Toms River, NJ
OK, my one-year WLS re-birthday was last Wednesday and Friday was my check-up with the Dr. My bloodwork is all good -- a little high on the bad cholesterol, but overall cholesterol is under 200, (a drop of over 100 points since WLS) so not terrible. My weight is holding steady at about 186 -- I have been up and down 5 pounds since Chuck (my beloved DH) died in mid-May, getting as low as 185, then bouncing back up to 190. I had hoped to be at 175 by this time, but under the cir****tances, I don't think I'm doing badly -- losing 150 pounds in one year! Definately couldn't have done that before WLS. I am eating more, averaging 1500-1800 calories a day -- too high. Need to get it down to between 1200-1500 again. Mostly stress eating in the evenings when I'm home alone. Also, I had been keeping my carbs below 75 before and now it's over 120 most days. Got to get that under control again. I haven't come this far just to sabotage myself. I have been trying to keep myself busy and distracted. I got a new short haircut on Saturday -- needed a change for many reasons. Haven't had short hair in over 20 years! So far, I like it and have gotten compliments. I signed up for belly dancing lessons and start tomorrow -- it should be fun and will amp up my exercise regime as well as keep me busy another night each week. I'm looking forward to the NYC OH event on Saturday -- have made hotel reservations in the city so I don't have to commute and am planning to get together with some of my AMOS buddies and hopefully meet other people too! Need more distractions! Write me if you are going and want to meet. In summary, I hope to be able to lose another 30 pounds before "the honeymoon" is over and then pursue PS. Want to get my teeth fixed too, and be considered "HOT" again before my 50th birthday -- 2 1/2 years away!!! Good luck to everyone on their own personal WLS journey -- your many posts help me each and every day. Lap RNY 6/16/03 -- 336/186/156?
Margaret D.
on 6/21/04 6:00 am - Las Vegas, NV
Hi Nannette, Congratulations on your first year WLS. You should proud of yourself you have come a long way baby in a year. I'm sorry for your loss and keeping busy must help. The good Lord will draw you near and keep you safe. It is a day to day process. I will keep you in my prayers. God bless you. Margaret in Las Vegas RNY Lap 6-24-03
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 846 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 814 views