Can't Believe It's Been One Year Already! YEAH!

Kathleen G.
on 7/5/04 8:38 am - Hawthorne, NJ
Well one year under my belt, (I can wear one now) and I feel great. So far it's 89 pounds, but probably could be more. Like it's no surprise that I hate exercise, and walking is a total borefest to me. I do however take into account a lot of things that effect my digestion. Eating proteins are one thing but it can take a toll on how you discard it. So I make sure there are salads in there too. When I do salads, I try to go with beans (proteins) and get the ruffage too. I do take an arsenal of supplements just to make sure I'm not forgetting anything. Before surgery I couldn't drink OJ because of the acid, and now it's my main source for potassium. It's been over ten years since my horseback riding vaction, poor horse. It was a mammoth sized horse (even in the horse world) named Blueberry, and I weighed more than I do today. Anyhoo, two weeks ago I went horseback riding for the first time since then. What's funny is that my riding boots fit better now than they did back then! It was great and very physical for me. I felt like there were no bones in my legs when I got off the horse, and was hurtin for sertin for three days. I'm almost completely off my blood pressure medicines, and I've given all my clothes over to a three quarter house that helps women get back into the working enviroment after abusive relationships. Ahh.... things can only get better from here. Thanks for everyone and all the help this site has given me.
Margaret D.
on 7/6/04 2:27 am - Las Vegas, NV
Congratulations Kathleen, You deserve a pat on the back. It must have felt wonderful to get up on the horse and enjoy the freedom of riding. You have released a beautful buttrfly from the cacoon. I did the happy dance for you. Continue to work your program and you will meet all your goals. This is a wonderful site and thankful for all the support and information we can find here. Have a party and coninue on your journey. God bless you. Hugs, Margaret RNY Lap 6-24-03
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 846 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 814 views