Boring

Janine Greenwood
on 12/28/04 12:14 am - Long Beach, CA
CONGRATS YIPPEE!!! I had surgery June 30,2003 and have lost 217 pounds and went from a 32 or larger to a 8/10 and smalls I started out 381 now 164 I am also LOVING LIFE. How much do you eat at this point I eat about 1/2 cup 8 tablespoons 3x a day.
D. S
on 3/20/05 9:20 pm
Hi Janine. It sounds like you have done GREAT! 217 pounds is a great deal of weight to lose. I've lost about 130 but I've bounced back up a little too. I started at 315 and lost to 185. I'm now 195. I wish I could lose more and feel more in control. I am able to eat very large portions. I think something is broken. I don't have a reflex for vomiting (haven't vomited since childhood) so I think my stoma got expanded from the few clogs I had. Instead of coming out, they worked their way down and expanded the stoma. I'm looking for a new surgeon to consult with as mine isn't very helpful. I doubt anyone will want to correct anything unless they see I'm really gaining weight. I hope that doesn't happen but I would like some help. Congratulations to you and I hope for your continued success. Keep in touch. It's great to compare notes as time goes on.
D. S
on 3/20/05 10:00 pm
Hi Jen. That is an awesome weightloss. I'll bet your surgeon is in awe with your success. You must feel so great. Good luck and keep us posted.
nsager
on 3/7/05 8:46 am - Eureka, Il
Hi i have not been on here in a while but i had mine on the 13th and i was 298 and now I am at 162 and still losing but I am getting a hunger for food back every day even though I cant eat that much still..... would love to get to know some people at the same stage as me ........
Janine Greenwood
on 3/8/05 12:59 am - Long Beach, CA
Hi, I had surgery June 30,2003 NOW have lsot -219 pounds. I started out 318 NOW 162 @ 5 ft. 9 I am ERY HAPPY and PROUD! It has been a WONDERFUL journey for me I would do it all agian in a heart beat! Check out new photos at this site. http://groups.msn.com/TheEnglers Thanks, Janine
D. S
on 3/20/05 9:24 pm
Hi Nicole. It's great that you're still losing at almost 2 years. I stopped losing at about 1 year and proceeded to gain a few pounds back. I really only have myself to blame. I am trying to find the strength to pick myself up and start all over again. I don't eat a lot of junk but my portion sizes are more normal now. Sometimes I can be really good and others I am not. I went out jogging yesterday but unfortunately my dog kept getting freaked by the sound of my feet hitting the ground and kept stopping. It was an interesting run to say the least. I had fun though so maybe it will get me back on the exercise track. Good luck to you and I hope for your continued success. Keep me posted.
D. S
on 3/20/05 9:34 pm
Hi Nicole. It's great that you're still losing at almost 2 years. I stopped losing at about 1 year and proceeded to gain a few pounds back. I really only have myself to blame. I am trying to find the strength to pick myself up and start all over again. I don't eat a lot of junk but my portion sizes are more normal now. Sometimes I can be really good and others I am not. I went out jogging yesterday but unfortunately my dog kept getting freaked by the sound of my feet hitting the ground and kept stopping. It was an interesting run to say the least. I had fun though so maybe it will get me back on the exercise track. Good luck to you and I hope for your continued success. Keep me posted. p.s. I think I posted this to the wrong person at first so if this is a duplicate, please ignore.
Char H.
on 3/28/05 2:00 am - Rockford, IL
Hi everyone, I had my surgery on 6/23/03 Lap. I have gone from 240 to my current weight of 144 - 146, from size 24 to my current size 10 - 12. I have only once gained anything and that was a fast 5 pounds. I almost cried. But it came right back off. However, I am not losing any either. I can eat about anything except hamburger and fast food. I worry all the time that I will gain, but only allow myself to get on the scale a few times a month. I don't want it to get away from me. I don't follow any "diet" because I have had a problem with vomiting, I am just glad when I have what I call an "eating" day. I can tell when I get up in the morning and have my tea if it will be an "eating" day or a "no eating" day. My husband is really upset that I vomit all the time. I do really good on soup and usually have it at least once a day. I had rally hoped that by this far out that I would be over the vomiting thing. I go back to the doctor on 4/8/05 so I am going to talk to him about it. However, the doctor that did my surgery has left the hospital and I will have to see a new one - I am not happy about that. Sorry, I am going on and on....Lets keep this page going, it helps to chat with people at the same stage as me. Char
D. S
on 4/8/05 5:17 am
Hi Char. Sorry to hear about all the vomiting. You know, the grass is always greener on the other side ****il you get there). I actually have the opposite problem. I NEVER vomit. Not even ONCE since my surgery. This might sound like a good thing to you but actually it isn't. I have no restrictions on portion size or food type. It all goes down just fine. I think my stoma was stretched early on because of me not vomiting. I would get a clog and it would just work it's way through and stretch my stoma (I believe). One time I even heard a loud "pop" as it made it's way through. I thought I was doing great by not vomiting but I think in the long run it was not good. It's now just me and self control once again (and that's what made me obese in the first place). I wish you luck and do hope your vomiting settles down to a tolerable level. Take care.
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 846 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 814 views