Has your appetite expanded?????

Kim P.
on 1/21/05 2:10 am - Orlando, FL
Hi all.......I started at 248, size 22 and now 138, size 6, and I have noticed that lately, I can eat a whole lot more. I mean like almost normal portions lately. Sometimes I can eat a whole sandwich. I don't like that at all. It's very scary. I don't ever want to be able to eat normal again. Any one else noticing this?
Crystal E.
on 1/25/05 3:03 am - Galion, OH
I have also noticed an increase not only in the portion sizes that I can eat but also an increase in my desire to eat. I started out at 271 and am now 151. I also was pregnant during my first year post-op so that may have made a difference. I can now eat a whole piece of pizza. I need to star****ching more closely WHAT I am eating and maybe not so much how much I am eating.
bankskatcar
on 1/30/05 9:05 am - Lynchburg, VA
Hi Kim, I have been eating alot more lately. You are right, It is very scary. It has caused me to really pay attention to what I eat. I also started working out every day, to try to combat the difference. I started at 419lbs, size women's 38-40 (if I was lucky) and now at 200lbs, size 14-16, I want to loose 40 more lbs.
D. S
on 2/14/05 10:59 pm
I'm way ahead of all of you. I can eat 3 to 4 pieces of pizza (Little Ceasars triangular slices) and easily eat a whole sandwich. It's very scary to be able to eat this much but it doesn't have to mean weight gain. I try to follow the rules of the pouch and eat low calorie items like broccoli when I feel the need to eat until I'm full. I guess I'll know in the next year or two if I can maintain my weight. I spoke to my surgeon about this. He did a barium test and said everything's fine. I don't think his conclustion is correct but I'm not sure what I should do next.
mandymauldin
on 3/7/05 9:51 am - Lexington, NC
Hello!!! I started at 335 and now I'm at 210. I have noticed the same increase in appetite and it has scared me too!
TracyInTheZoo
on 3/14/05 2:24 am - Kalamazoo, MI
Yes, my appetite has only came back in full force within the past 2 months. I find myself wanting to eat more, and I can eat more at dinner. But I still can't eat as much as I used to, not even half. But I have to keep reminding myself not to "graze" as this is what I have been doing since I am no longer working. I haven't really noticed any weight changes, only the normal ups and downs of a few pounds here and there, but it is still scary. I just trust in the tool and pray it keeps working... Tracy
Char H.
on 3/28/05 1:42 am - Rockford, IL
I had my surgery on 6/23/03 and have gone from 240 lbs to my current 145 lbs, can't seem to get to that 100 lb mark! I also, have found that some days I can eat, eat, eat! But then some days, like yesterday, Easter Sunday, I could not keep anything down. I don't know what to do. I have made an appointment with my doctor and will see what he says. I can eat probably 2-3 pieces of pizza, bread does not sit very well with me, neither does any fast food except an occational chicken sandwich from Burger King, but my real problem is my craving chocolate. When everything else makes me vomit, I can keep chocolate down. Now that is really scary. They have done that scope thing on me twice because my stoma was was getting very narrow. I have not gained anything, but have not lost either. However, I am losing inchs, every so slowly. Does anyone know how long we will continue to lose pounds and inchs? I would really like to lose another 20 pounds but I don't think it will happen. Maybe with summer coming again I will get out and walk. Thanks for letting me vent. Char
carolinamamasita
on 6/28/05 2:32 am - Erie, PA
YES< YES YES...to all of you....our appetites are defiantely back to normal; hopefully to that of a normal skinny person...However...I still can not do the sugar items - getting bad cramping from cake & icecream, like at my son's birthday party this month...AAAWWW!!!! And defiantely have to watch how many times we eat... Even though I feel hungry...like my stomach saying FEED ME !!! try to stay away from food as much as possible... I started back at WEIGH****CHERS ...they have a great system, and their meetings are very supportive...and that is what I feel we need support to keep losing the weight and NOT Put it back on, and the motivation to keep us on track... Good Luck everybody, CAROL
Cruiserella
on 7/18/05 12:59 am - Arvada, CO
I agree with all of you. My appetite is back BIG TIME, along with the urge to eat in a disordered way. I went to the Obesity Help convention in Denver, and a doctor had some wonderful words of wisdom which I'll share with you. He asked us how many of us would go back to where we were? He then asked how many of us would rather die than go back there? He said that people said keeping weight off was "hard," but then he talked about things that were REALLY hard, like holding a loved one in your arms as he died, like losing everything you have in a fire, etc. When you think about those things, it's not really so hard. I'm scared all the time about gaining weight. They say inside every fat person is a thin person wanting to get out. I disagree. I think, for us, anyway, that there's a fat person just dying to come out. One thing that works for me is staying fit. I sign up for 5K races months ahead of time to keep myself on track. I also ask myself when I eat something, "Is this going to be good for my new body or is this disordered eating?" That seems to help, too. Two years out, I finally realize that this is a lifelong fight. That said, it's time to get to the gym. Hang strong, everyone. We can do this.
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 846 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 814 views