Anyone Experiencing Low Blood Sugar?

PammieC
on 6/6/05 10:36 am - Biddeford, Me
I have off and on been having problems with low blood sugar. Recently is has become severe. It has been making me so sick. I went to an Endocrinologist 2 weeks ago and he had me come in for a fasting Glucose Tolerance Test. At the 2 hour mark my blood sugar was 36. He is very concerned with this and very surprised that I haven't been passing out all the time. I have learned to not drive or do anything dangerous if I don't feel well. I sometimes have to sleep off the bad feelings. I am now going to a nutritionist to see if we can get this straightened out through Diet. I have 3 months to do so. If not then I will be placed on some medication to see if it can be controlled better that way. I am just shy of 2 years since surgery. I can't believe what a GREAT 2 years this has been. I am still losing but very very slowly. I am down to 165 lbs and can do so much more then I could ever do in my life. I am getting ready for plastic this fall. I will have my tummy done, and my arms will be done but I will have to pay for the arms out of pocket which will be so worth it. Good luck to every one and I pray the next two years are just as great. Hugs to all, Pammie
Char H.
on 6/8/05 12:45 am - Rockford, IL
I have never had my blood surgar checked, but I too have been getting really tired and have had problems with being sick. I had to go back to my doc a few months ago because I had missed my 18 month checkup, anyway, they took blood, and I was low on B12 and some things were boarderline. Even with that they said I was doing fine. I hope you get to feeling better soon. It is hard to believe that it has been almost two years since I had my surgery, 6/23/03. I have lost 105 pounds, my starting weight was 249 (5'4") and I am now at 144 and holding. I am not losing much anymore, but I have not gained any, so I am happy. They say I am 5 pounds from goal, but I would really like to lose another 20, if I could pick where I would lose it from! LOL I would love to have plastics, but there is no way my insurance will pay for any of it, and I can't afford to do it on my own. I would be so happy if I could have my legs done, the extra skin is so ugly. I have always had HEAVY legs, so the skin is really stretched out. I can live with all of that because I feel so much better then I did 2 years ago. It is wonderful to be able to cross my legs, tie my shoes, ride with my hubby on our motorcycle - and those are just a few of the things I am so happy about! Happy re-birth to all of you with anniversarys coming soon. Char
Patricia L.
on 9/23/05 12:03 pm - Maiden, NC
My blood sugar would suddenly drop & I would feel shaky & break out in a sweat and almost pass out. My nutritionist suggested that I break up my meal & eat 6 smaller meals to keep my blood sugar more stable and on an even level. I've done what she said & it really seems to work. I don't have as many "episodes" as I used to & it helps me get more protein in. When I skip a snack, my body lets me know by bringing back that feeling!! YUCK!! FYI - I'm two years out & 114 lbs lighter!! Continued success to you! Patricia Lowman
PammieC
on 9/24/05 4:23 am - Biddeford, Me
Hi Patricia, I have been doing much much better lately. I have been to see and endocrinologist and he placed me on Glucophage. He says that I am pre-diabetic. I see a nutrionist weekly, and am finding that as long as I have nothing with sugar in it I seem to be ok. It was very rough for a while and I wondered if I'd ever get better. Well, this week I had to make a tough decision and that was wether or not to continue to take the meds or not, as they are known and have been causing me to gain some weight back. I certainly don't want to gain any weight back, and would actually love to lose another 30 lbs. I am now at 175 and have lost 145 lbs so far. I will be going in for skin removal the first of the year, and they say I will lose another 15 with that. So...... The story goes. I do feel terrific and am doing so much better and can do so many more things then I ever thought possible. You keep up the good work yourself. Your doing awesome. best Wishes, Pammie
Most Active
Recent Topics
so sad
happygirl01 · 0 replies · 804 views
7 years out
rlwilburn63 · 2 replies · 817 views
I wiill be 6 years out!
Lyn M. · 1 replies · 845 views
How is everyone doing???
Cassandra Blake · 1 replies · 814 views