how g-bypass saved my life!

dawn davis
on 8/29/05 11:58 pm - cumming, ga
Hello everyone, It has been a very long time since i have posted, you see i was diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer in Feb and have under gone a double mastectomy in March chemo treatments then followed for four months. All seems to be fine now and I get my implants (that i needed anyway) on 9-9-05. My surgeon was so wonderful to go ahead and request a tummy tuck at the same time i get my reconstruction for my breasts---and it was approved! So i will have bigger breasts and a flat stomach soon. My surgeon said that me having the gastric by-pass 8 months earlier saved my life since i had at that point lost about 120 pounds and that made it easier to find my lump. So please my wls buddies do your self exams. Believe me this is not something i wanted to go thru at 40. As of today i have lost 130 lbs and i am waiting for the chemo to be out of my system so the weight loss can begin again. They pump the chemo with seroids to help gain weight because many people get so sick and loose too much weight. I'm happy to report I did not gain any weight in fact I did manage to lose 10 lbs. I did lose a lot of hair from the bypass before the chemo and it was just starting to grow back when I was diagnosed then well you know then you know i lost it all. I'm 6 weeks out (off of chemo) and my hair is just now growing back. I will never complain about it thinning ever again no will i ever cut it! lol well, have a great day and hope to hear from ya'll soon, Dawn
marypoco
on 8/30/05 6:32 am - amherst, MA
OH how your story touched my heart! I'm so glad that you are healing. thank God that you found the lumps and that they got it in time. Good luck with your tt and your "new" boobs!! it's so true that you need to do self exams monthly. I guess without the wls you wouldn't have found the lumps Huh?? I'll join you in saying THANK GOD FOR THIS SURGERY!!! good luck with everything you have to handle! YOU are quiite a wonderful woman!! God bless, Mary
Most Active
Recent Topics
Testing
jingward · 0 replies · 419 views
LYN!!! (fishbowl)
B.J. · 0 replies · 906 views
New year, new direction . . .
B.J. · 1 replies · 782 views