Finally Doing Well

Lucy M.
on 9/28/06 9:35 pm - Conway, SC
Good morning fellow Junebugs! I'm so happy to say that I finally got my head hunger in control and exercise this week I've been so down on myself with my 100% or nothing attitude. My pouch is happy and that makes me happy Tomorrow I'm walking in the Walk From Obesity, a 5 K walk. My surgeon and his group will be walking it as well. I'm excited I bought a size small fitted exercise pants - black with hot pink double stripes. Boy, my legs are getting tiny. I can't believe it! Now I have to find a fleece or soft jacket with a zipper to wear on top. It's cold in Chicagoland! This morning we hit 39 degrees. I wanted to wear my new faux Lynx fur coat. I'm so thankful for all of you here. To be able to honestly share the difficult times - being accountable for what I am eating or not eating has been so helpful to me. I hope that in the near future, we will be able to get together in person. Somewhere, anywhere!! These past 15 months have been an adventure - so many bumps in the road but here we are, SURVIVORS and SUCCESSES! Hugs, Lucy 484.8/383.4/163.4/160 pre-surg/surg day/current/goal
Wendy Kipp
on 9/28/06 9:47 pm - MI
Yeah Lucy! You know Chicago is not that far from me really! Some day in the next year my hubby and I wanted to visit there anyway, maybe we could meet up! Are you far from there yourself? Glad you are getting it together, I finally am too! The hormones were raging and I find it hard to control my eating during those times. Wendy
Lucy M.
on 9/29/06 12:28 am - Conway, SC
Wendy, I'm located in the NW suburbs of Chicago. I would love to meet and spend some time with you. Maybe we all will be turning the corner to continued success! Hope Pam is doing well too. Good to hear from you! Hugs, Lucy
Scrappin Gal
on 9/28/06 11:33 pm - Corona, CA
YAY LUCY!! I'm thrilled for you! Doing that 5K tomorrow will be a kick. They kinda get addicting. My half marathon is next weekend~ I have a couple of 5K's on Sat. and Sun. the next weekend, too. Very fun! A size small~Holy moly!!!! I'm lucky to get into a size lg, depending on what the item is. Still mostly in 12's, some 10's. I just bought some Nike's that would go perfectly with your new pants~ black with hot pink. If you have a Nike outlet anywhere near you, ya out to check it out. I sure wi**** was cold here...we've still been dealing with weather in the mid to high 90's. Whatever happened to fall???? I've got sweaters just waiting to be worn! Have a wonderful day and have fun at your walk tomorrow. Hugs, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 9/29/06 12:41 am - Conway, SC
Kerri, you sure are a walker! Half a marathon? I don't think I could do that. Thanks about the tip on Nike's. I'll check it out. I wanted to wear my new coat this morning but it's supposed to get into the 60's so that didn't seem right. My sizes are all over the chart! Some things size extra small and small. Skirts are either a size 6 or 8. I can't believe it! Wait until I have my plastic surgery. My problem is that I love to shop and buy. Now I'm just about at my goal, my size won't change too much. So I need to think about a permanent wardrobe and not buy everything that fits. I need to be selective! I love the warm weather! Let's switch places. It's a great day Hugs, Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics