I'm Off to My Walk From Obesity

Lucy M.
on 9/29/06 11:53 pm - Conway, SC
Good morning! I'm about to leave for the ASBS Walk From Obesity in Hoffman Estates. I got on my new exercise pants and jacket.. oh, so cute! Everything in a size small. Wish me well! My surgeon will be there walking with me and the group. He's so cute Talk to you later. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Lucy PS. All is well, another great 100% on program day. I'm getting to goal very very soon!
Scrappin Gal
on 9/30/06 12:35 am - Corona, CA
Woot! Woot! Have a great time today~ hope it's a lot of fun! I would love to see pics! Hugs, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 9/30/06 10:45 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Kerri! The walk was wonderful. I found myself walking faster and faster, passing up people. I felt a lot lighter than my previous 5K walks. The scenery was beautiful and weather was a bit cool. I warmed up in the end. A lot of people from my support groups commented how thin I was! I wore my new exercise pants and jacket. Unfortunately, there are no pictures. Although I could dress up in them and have some taken. I'll probably do that soon. They had a raffle with nice prizes. I won a $100.00 American Express gift card and $50.00 (5 at $10 each) gift cards to a website that sells bariatric products. I only spent $5.00 on raffle tickets. WTG! My surgeon must have been on call and doing hospital rounds as he wasn't there! I did meet two gals from the plastic surgery forum here on OH, Val and Christine. At first, I didn't recognize them. We had a good time and chatted a bit. I definitely will do this next year and will try to raise more money. Hugs, Lucy
Scrappin Gal
on 10/1/06 1:35 am - Corona, CA
Glad you had a great time. Boy do I need some of your luck!! I buy raffle tickets and never win anything!!! You can do some great shopping with those gift certificates! I might do that walk next year. Ours was yesterday, too. But, with the 1/2 marathon coming up next weekend, and 2 5Ks the following weekend~ I just couldn't do it. Have a wonderful day of rest today! Hugs, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 10/1/06 2:41 am - Conway, SC
Kerri, I love to shop! So, I will have no problem in spending the $100.00 on clothes. I'm actually working today. No time for rest until sleeping time. I will be working Sundays until I have plastic surgery. Need to make up time for when I had my emergency hernia surgery. WOW, you're doing a lot of walks and another 1/2 marathons! and I can't believe that it's only 59 days until my plastic surgery. I've got so much to do to get ready! Have a wonderful Sunday! Hugs, Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 9/30/06 9:43 am - MI
I hope all went great today Lucy! Hope you had fun! Wendy
Lucy M.
on 9/30/06 10:49 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Wendy! The walk was wonderful and a lot of fun. I found myself walking faster and faster, passing up people. I felt a lot lighter than my previous 5K walks. The scenery was beautiful and weather was a bit cool. I warmed up in the end. I only wished that they had the walk more structured like other walks I've done. There were no signs for start and finish line, no timers, no markers with 1,2, or 3 miles. It would have been nice to receive a ribbon or medal at the finish line. It was very laid back. A lot of people from my support groups commented how thin I was! I wore my new exercise pants and jacket. Unfortunately, there are no pictures. Although I could dress up in them and have some taken. I'll probably do that soon. They had a raffle with nice prizes. I won a $100.00 American Express gift card and $50.00 (5 at $10 each) gift cards to a website that sells bariatric products. I only spent $5.00 on raffle tickets. WTG! My surgeon must have been on call and doing hospital rounds as he wasn't there! I did meet two gals from the plastic surgery forum here on OH, Val and Christine. At first, I didn't recognize them. We had a good time and chatted a bit. I definitely will do this next year and will try to raise more money. Hugs, Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 10/1/06 3:35 am - MI
Good Job Lucy! I am glad you had a good time. I want to do it next year too. I had to work this weekend or I would have went with my local group. Wendy
Lucy M.
on 10/1/06 9:50 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Wendy! I will definitely do the walk next year and hopefully raise more $ for a very worthy cause. I only raised $130.00 this year. My goal was $500.00. Another great day for us to live and enjoy life! Take care my friend! Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics