Hey Ms. Lucy, please provide insight for ME (us).............

ReneeC
on 10/4/06 7:28 am - Nashville, TN
Hey, it's me Renee'. I pray all is well. I remember you stated that your having a lipectomy soon. Will your insurance cover any of it? What has the battle been like? I have had my first consult and it is about to go to my plan for approval. I want to have my tummy and breast done................... we will see. Hugs,Renee'
Wendy Kipp
on 10/4/06 9:49 am - MI
I am having trouble with approval right now Renee'. Make sure you get documentation from your family doc of troubles you have had with back skin etc. I got denied for the breasts because I did not have enough to remove. I am a DD and would have to go to an A cup for them to approve. Wendy
Lucy M.
on 10/4/06 10:09 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Miss Renee!! Well, here's the scoop. My plastic surgeon has submitted a letter to BCBS PPO of Illinois. I haven't heard anything yet. I'm hoping that they cover at least the tummy tuck part of it since I'm having a mesh insertion for my hernia repair. I wanted to secure my surgery date so I told the office staff that I would pay if the insurance company would deny it. The office told me that it takes between 30 to 60 days to hear from BCBS. That's why I didn't want to wait to hear from them. As you know, plastic surgeons get their schedules booked up so far in advance, and with the end of the year and deductibles, patients generally go and have their procedures then to take advantage of meeting the deductibles for the year. I needed to secure a day in November as it best suited my needs. My date is November 29th! My problem is I liked both plastic surgeons and then decided since I booked with the first one, I was going to stay with him. It's only 55 days away. Yes, I'm counting! I hope your experience is a good one. It's a good idea to get a second opinion. Let us hear from you afterwards. Good luck in your plastic surgery journey. I'll keep you posted. Hugs, Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics