HELP!!

~*Ginger Locks*~
on 10/5/06 9:06 am - California, MD
Had a horrible experience at the dentist office: I went in for a root canal - but it ended up having to be pulled. I had to get stitches and my jaw dislocated during the procedure and I couldn't close my mouth no matter what I tried.... the dentist had to snap it back into place. NOT FUN... Anyway, He gave me tylenol w/ codeine..... it's not working!!!!!!! I have some percocet left over from ps - should I take that??? Which one is stronger?????? I'm dying here!!!! Pam
Wendy Kipp
on 10/5/06 9:58 am - MI
percocet is way stronger! Go with that. And use ice on the jaw, lots of it. Call your doc if you are still in pain. The can get you something really strong if needed. Sorry to hear about your situation! Lots of love Wendy
~*Ginger Locks*~
on 10/5/06 10:24 am - California, MD
OMG Wendy - it hurts so unbelievably bad! I can honestly say this is the worst pain I have EVER had! (and I've had wisdom teeth done, 5 children, gastric bypass, ps) This beats ALL. Mike called the dentist while I sat here bawling my eyes out to ask him if I could go ahead and take the percocet even though I took the tylenol 3 only 2 1/2 hours earlier. The dentist said I had to wait at least an hour. Within 15 minutes of calling him - I was in an all out state of panic... drooling, bawling, shaking, pacing and ready to shoot myself in the head - so I went ahead and took the percocet. It's been somewhere around 20-30 minutes and it has taken the edge off the pain. It STILL hurts like a mother F'er but at least it's more tolerable. I sure hope it lasts the full 6 hours that I have to wait for the next one. If it's still like this in the morning - I'm gonna have my mother-in-law drive me over to his office so I can bawl in his lobby until he give me something stronger. I mean, I knew I would be sore... especially with the jaw dislocating and getting stuck... but this is insane! Love ya, Pam
Wendy Kipp
on 10/6/06 5:01 am - MI
Did you go to the doc? How are you today? I hope he drugged you up and good!! Pain is hard to deal with, I hope you feel better soon. Wendy
fr1endly2
on 10/5/06 10:25 am - Ridge, NY
HEY PAM! (((((((((((((((TIGHT HUGS))))))))))))))))))))) sorry about your dental ordeal! feel well
Scrappin Gal
on 10/5/06 3:13 pm - Corona, CA
Ahhh, Pam!! I'm so sorry to hear about your ordeal!!! I hope that you are feeling better really soon! We've missed ya! Hugs, Kerri
gizmos
on 10/5/06 9:33 pm - Burns Flat, OK
Oh girl sounds like your dentist needs to explain what he did. I had a similar experience about 8 years ago and ended up with all my work free do to his mistake. He broke my tooth next to the one he was working on. I don't like dentist, they hurt worse than anything I know. I really feel for you. Hope all turns out ok. Bless your heart, you really need some pain medication and he should give it to you. Hope you get better soon Deloris
denanza
on 10/6/06 2:27 am - Lone Pine, CA
Just dropping a note to say I hope you are feeling better! Ouch! I feel your pain!! Hang tough! Diane
SooHappy
on 10/6/06 5:22 am - Champion, MI
Sorry to hear about your ordeal. There is nothing worse than mouth and tooth pain. I hope you feel better real soon. That must be awful for you. Take care, Carla
Most Active
Recent Topics