Haven't been in here in forever, it seems.

Holly's Zoo
on 12/28/06 8:34 am - Huntsville, AL
Looks a little sparse. I know several months ago it was super active, surprised me to see the low activity now. I'm 18 months out, and depending on the day I've lost about 191 pounds. I've surpassed my surgeon's goal but I have roughly 15-20 more pounds for my personal goal. I'm tall and very large framed. I will be seeing a PS the end of january for a panniculectomy and a breast reduction/lift/implant depending on what he says. Right now I have empty socks where I used to have mighty cleavage and DH is happy to spend tax return money on a set of breasts. I think I might let him help me pick out which "model" to get (i'm guessing he'd like a pair of the angelina jolie's ) I'm looking forward to it. My pannus is so small compared to so many others' but I have a skin infection that hasn't healed in 13 months and the skin has become so papery thin that it just tears in places across the stretch marks. That's the only reason why I qualify. I've decided even if I can't get my breasts done now I have GOT to get my belly done. I can always wear a good quality bra, but nothing will help the belly but surgery! I am in therapy and part of it is working on issues surrounding WLS and the wide ranging implications. Its amazing how it effects every inch of your life as well as your body. Holly
Wendy Kipp
on 12/29/06 2:15 am - MI
Hello Holly! Yes our little board is dwindling down to the few and faithful, but I am grateful for it still. It gets me through these rough days. You are smart to be in therapy. I wish someone around here specialized in our field. I could use someone with insight. It is a strange thing to share with those that don't understand or haven't been where we are. I too am tall and large framed. 6 foot and big boned. Everyone keeps telling me that I look normal and don't need to get any smaller, but I am obsessed with getting to a certain size. I know after plastics, I will be really close to goal weight 185. But I am not sure that will satisfy me. I have a picture in my head, you know? I want to have my breasts, arms and thighs done also, but right now I am scheduled for the panniculectomy and butt lift on feb. 6th. I worry about the other procedures, the scarring etc. But they don't look too great now either! Well good luck on everything and let us know how it turns out, don't be a stranger, we need all the faces we can get around here! Wendy
Scrappin Gal
on 12/29/06 7:04 am - Corona, CA
Hi Holly~ Good to see you! I can really relate to the hanging "sock" issue. Eventually I'll have to have work done as well, but we are still trying to get pregnant, so I can't do anything until after that. I'm glad that your surgery will be covered. Maybe they can cut you a deal on the implants, etc. if it's done at the same time? Anyways, hope you had a wonderful Christmas. Blessings, Kerri
lynn43
on 12/29/06 11:23 am - canton, GA
Hi Holly, The board is quieter now then it used to be. But I think there are still alot of people who come here to read and to peek in on how everyone is doing. Congrats on the PS. I am jealous, I need a TT and I have a set of my own empty socks so a breast job would be really nice. But I am self employed so even if I could get my hubbies insurance to go for it I cant afford the time off. But maybe someday. Congrats also on the therapy, I would really like to explore that option. The old habits are trying hard to come back into my life. You have done a great job. 191lbs Yipee for you! Nice to have you back here on the june board. Hope to see you often. Keep us posted on the PS adventure. lynn
Most Active
Recent Topics