I think I have a dilated pouch!

LB2007
on 2/11/07 8:34 am - Spring, TX
I haven't had much restriction for a few months and am not able to see my surgeon due to no insurance/financial issues. I have had increasing heartburn (not reflux) for about a month now and have read that these symptoms could be a dilated pouch. I am scared!!! What should I do? Should I fast for a few days?? And yes, I have pushed it. I am guilty of overeating. I confess, I have screwed up with no excuses. Nevertheless, I'm worried and don't know what to do. :-{
Wendy Kipp
on 2/14/07 12:00 am - MI
Mary, I don't know much about that, but my advice to you is that your health is worth the money spent on the doctor to find out. I would go and see what is going on. Reflux is not just heartburn. It can damage your pouch and cause bleeding in the stomach and esophagus. Go now! I hope everything turns out well for, and don't feel too guilty, we are all struggling with some overeating or eating things that we shouldn't. I don't believe many of us haven't experimented. Wendy
fr1endly2
on 2/14/07 9:43 pm - Ridge, NY
I too feel no matter what if you think there is a problem regardless of money situations and insurance needs things need to be looked at if you think you have a problem. I am not that familiar with the problem your thinking you have. BUT at 19 months out we generally can eat more and if we dont use good choices we can regain and get in old habits.... hugs lisa
dawnhoutx
on 3/7/07 12:39 pm - Richmond, TX
Did you ever go see a doctor or did it clear up? Dilated pouch? Does that mean its constricting/blocked? I don't think a day goes by where I don't cheat. I push my pouch to its limit on almost a daily basis now. I have been getting mild heartburn recently too but no reflux - I had severe acid reflux before surgery. I guess my body is trying to tell me something - STOP CHEATING OR ELSE! Dawn
Most Active
Recent Topics