Well, It Didn't Happen

Lucy M.
on 2/16/07 2:37 am - Conway, SC
I've been crying on and off this morning as I didn't get the job. I was told there were two great candidates and they gave it to the other one. I can't tell you how upset and depressed I am at this moment. Good thing I have a support meeting tonight and I'm meeting with a friend for dinner prior to the support meeting. So, it's back to square one. I'm back on a job search. Thank goodness it is the weekend. Lucy
lynn43
on 2/16/07 11:59 am - canton, GA
Lucy, I am so sorry that you didnt get the job. I am glad that you had a support group meeting tonight, maybe that will help with the emotional eating. At least if you are like me when I am sad or dissapointed I want to eat. Even though I know it doesnt do me any good. You are gonna find something even better. You know the saying, when God closes a door he opens a window. I will pray that you find your open window soon. Take care and know that here on the June board we all love you and we are pulling for you. Hugs Lynn
Lucy M.
on 2/17/07 8:35 am - Conway, SC
Hi Lynn. Thank you for your reply. I need all the prayers I can get. I think I am still in a stage of shock. You know I had such a good feeling about getting the job, as the interiews went so well. Or at least I thought. It was helpful to have the support meeting yesterday. Today I had a get back on track seminar sponsored by my surgeons. That helped me too. I met a friend there who I haven't seen in a year and two months. She couldn't get over the change in me. She told me that she didn't recognize me and if it wasn't for my voice, well I would have been a stranger to her. She has been struggling with weight gain since I've seen her. I felt so bad for her. She has two kids that she is raising by herself. She has no free time and feels trapped. So in some way I am lucky that I am free to do what I want when I want and am not tied down. I found some solace in that. I knew that I could come here to share my feelings with my friends on the June board and I would be understood. Thank you for your support, love and prayers. Hugs and Love, Lucy
Scrappin Gal
on 2/18/07 12:56 am - Corona, CA
Hi Lucy~ Big hugs to you... I'm so sorry about the job. I know that you were really excited abot it. I'm with Lynn...I hope that God will open another opportunity for you soon. Good for you for making it to the final two. That's a huge accomplishment!! Also, you were really smart to go to the support group meeting. That's taking back control. Keep your chin up! Love ya, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 2/18/07 3:17 am - Conway, SC
Hi Kerri. Today I have started my get back on track strategy. It's tough but so far I'm hanging on. At the seminar yesterday, it was a real eye opener to see the quantity I should be eating. I've been eating way too much. They talked about using a 9 inch plate instead of the large dinner plates. Yeah, I knew I was eating too much but the visual really brought it back home. I started to exercise again. I did 20 minutes on my Gazelle rider. I'm going for consistency with exercise too. I have 3 weeks until my plastic surgery and I want to be in the best physical shape I can be. If I can lose a couple of pounds, that would be a mood booster as well. Thank you for responding to my post. It means so much to have a friend here. I am a tough cookie and will get through this disappointment. There has to be something out there for me. This is another example that weight loss doesn't solve all problems or give you a perfect life. Hugs and Love, Lucy
ALESIA1966
on 2/18/07 11:36 pm - New Bern, NC
Hello Lucy, I'm sorry...know how frustrating it is to job hunt, I personally hate doing interviews and getting the rejections so much I will stay in a job I really am not enjoying anymore just to avoid the process... None the less, I'm sure you are well qualified and will find something soon...Good Luck, I'll keep you in my thoughts... Alesia
Lucy M.
on 2/18/07 11:52 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Alesia. Thank you for your kind post and words. I am trying to hang in there. I can't just quit my job. It would be financial suicide. I need the money and insurance. Interviewing does suck. I had so many interviews with the job I wanted. I'll keep everyone posted. Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 2/19/07 11:11 am - MI
I'm sorry Lucy! It is hard to not have something you wanted so much, but maybe there is a better opportunity out there for you. Have a good cry, and then keep moving! It is ok to feel sorry for yourself once in awhile. You will find the right thing when it is time. Wendy
Lucy M.
on 2/19/07 9:19 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Wendy. I think I figured out who got the job! She is familiar to me and an acquaintance too. I saw a job posted on Friday and had to figure out who had it. I don't know if that makes me feel better or not. She is a kind and loving person. I just wanted it so much. It still hurts a lot. I'm trying to focus on my upcoming plastic surgery, now less than 3 weeks away. I need to be good to myself especially now. I am waiting to hear from my ex-boss to see if there are any opportunities where he is at. I would love to work for him again. He was the best boss I ever had. Thank you for your thoughts. I appreciate your friendship. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics