I'm Home From Plastic Surgery

Lucy M.
on 3/13/07 9:01 pm - Conway, SC
Good morning my fellow OH friends. I got home yesterday afternoon. I had my surgery on Monday and the doc decided to keep me overnight. I had a brachioplasty, breast lift with augmentation and a revision of my LBL just above the pubis. I was so tired yesterday when I came home. I didn't get any sleep in the hospital. I had a roommate that had CPAP and was snoring loudly all night. I had to request a room transfer because I was so tired and in pain. I told them that either move me to another room or call the doc because I am going home. They finally moved me into another room at 3 a.m. I think I got moved because they would have had to call my doc and tell him that I was going home because of the situation. Anyhow, this morning I am more refreshed. I'm taking my pain meds and antibiotics. I am having some difficulty in finding a comfortable position in bed. It will take me a couple of days to figure it out. I'll be going back to work on Monday. Yikes, that's so close. The good thing is that I have a desk job so I don't have much physical exertion to perform my job. I am happy with my results so far. Of course, I started swelling on my hands... This will be the hardest part of the surgery to get through. I'll make it! Take care and wishing everyone a wonderful day. Hugs, Lucy
Scrappin Gal
on 3/14/07 6:36 am - Corona, CA
Hi Lucy~ I was wondering how you were doing...sounds like it's been a little rough. Glad to hear you are okay, though. Rest up~ the end result will make it all worth it!! We want to see pics!! Hugs, Kerri
Lucy M.
on 3/14/07 9:52 am - Conway, SC
Hi Kerri. I'm glad this 2nd phase of plastics is over. Only one more round to go. Hopefully, I will be able to have the last one in November before the holidays. I did take some pics pre-op and once the dressings are off for good, I'll get some pics of the new me! It definitely was worth it. I am so pleased with my results. Hugs, Lucy
Wendy Kipp
on 3/14/07 9:46 pm - MI
I am glad you are home and doing well. I hope the swelling goes down for you soon. Right after my wls my feet swelled up and it was very uncomfortable, so I understand. Of course this is the hard part, but just a few weeks and you will feel like a new woman, and the new you will be so worth the pain. Keep us up to date. Wendy
Lucy M.
on 3/14/07 10:37 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Wendy. This morning my left hand and fingers are so swollen it hurts. I'm going to see the nurse in the ps office this morning. I hope she has some suggestions on what I can do. It's getting difficult for me to use the keyboard with my left hand and fingers. I expected some swelling but this is too much! Lucy
Shelley S.
on 3/15/07 7:16 am - Granite City, IL
Lucy, I am glad to hear you are home and doing well. I can't wait till the day I can start on my plastics. I am almost ready! Just need to find a sugar daddy to help me out now!!! Please keep us posted on your recovery. Shelley
Lucy M.
on 3/15/07 10:06 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Shelley. I am so pleased with my results. My arms are the smallest in my life. No more batwings. Now I just have to get through the swelling phase and wearing the ace wraps on my arms. They keep sliding down. I'm going to try TED stockings and cut off the foot part and slide them over my arms. I will buy a smaller size for a tighter fit. We'll see how that works! Thanks for your message. Lucy
Just Me
on 3/31/07 11:55 am - Happy Place, TN
Best Wishes to you!
Lucy M.
on 3/31/07 10:29 pm - Conway, SC
Just had to say hello! Thanks for the best wishes. So far, so good with this phase of plastic surgery. Lucy
Most Active
Recent Topics