Recent Posts

Lucy M.
on 6/18/06 10:40 pm - Conway, SC
Topic: RE: OK, Where Is Everybody??
Hi Deloris! Happy to hear that someone else is wearing a two-piece swimsuit or bikini!!!! That's great. We should enjoy our new lifestyle. So your hubby is a wee bit jealous? You must be looking quite hot! A little jealousy is OK, it may spark up more romance into your life.. WOOHOO! Deloris is a mighty lucky woman. Now that's what I need, the love of a good man! I never had that in my life. Thanks for the congrats on my weight loss. It's stalling now and I'm trying to hang in there. Clothes shopping is fun though! I also bought a long blonde wig and wore it to a support meeting last Friday! I was some hot mama driving to my meeting! LOL! I'll take a look at your pics. Thanks! Have a wonderful week. Hugs, Lucy 484.8/383.4/193.4/160 pre-surg/surg day/current/goal
Lucy M.
on 6/18/06 10:32 pm - Conway, SC
Lisa, it's so good to hear from you! I was really beginning to worry about you. Even though you say you had no WOW moments are are stuck or stalled with weight loss, you do have something to contribute here. You are doing activities with your kids, being more energetic - so it sounds like life is good! Perhaps after your visit with the neurologist and he helps you in some way, the numbness will lessen. Have you had any labs done recently? I had my 1st year visit with my surgeon and had all the labs done. They were all excellent. My B1 though was in the normal range but at the low end of the normal range. So I'm eating foods that will up my B1 level. Pork, beans, and even wheat germ. Take care! Thanks for posting and letting us know how you are doing. WE MISSED YOU!! Hugs and Love, Lucy 484.8/383.4/193.4/160 pre-surg/surg day/current/goal
Lucy M.
on 6/18/06 10:25 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Sharyn! Hot date you say?? That sounds good to me... I gotta start working on that goal myself. Haven't been on a date in years, too many. I know that's sad. WOW, sounds like you had a great workout. Congrats! I spent Saturday all day at the pool. Sunday clothes shopping in the morning and then off to my sister's in the afternoon. I gotta get myself back on the exercise wagon. In the past week I've been slacking big time. Hope you had a great weekend. Thanks for posting Sharyn! Hugs, Lucy 484.8/383.4/193.4/160 pre-surg/surg/current/goal
Lucy M.
on 6/18/06 10:21 pm - Conway, SC
Hi Wendy! I think it's cool that the kids have some incentive to work harder in school. That might have worked for me... but in the good ole days we weren't that fortunate! Hope your new job is everything you hope it to be! I'm looking for a new job, but so far no luck. My weekends are so busy between visiting family and going to the swimming pool all day. This coming weekend we'll be celebrating Fathers Day with my stepdad on Saturday and weather permitting, I'll be at the pool all day on Sunday. Summers are pool time for me. During the week, I go to the pool after work and stay there until dinner time. If it's a hot night, then I'm back to the pool for a night swim. That relaxes me and then it 's off to bed. Thanks for your post! I miss my fellow Junebugs! Hugs, Lucy 484.8/383.4/193.4/160 pre-surg/surg day/current/goal
Mary Jo P.
on 6/18/06 9:23 pm - Rochester, NY
Topic: RE: FINALLY a WOW moment worth mentioning....
that sounds so fun, lisa! i am glad you had such a good time, i know you this "pick me up" came just at the right time for you! somde friends of ours invited us to go camping at siz flags in a couple weeks. i am excited to go! i haven't been on rides in so long and have been too embarrassed to step foot in a waterpark, too! hopefully things work out and we will be able to go! hugsssssssss
GRAMMY6X
on 6/18/06 3:00 pm - MANALAPAN, NJ
Dear Lisa, I am soooooo happy for your success on the rides. Rides were NEVER my thing, but other WOW moments have been occuring regularly for me. NO seatbelt extender needed on plane, am able to fit in airplane bathroom, sit, do my business,etc. Tray table all the way down. Whe my friends and I go to a restaurant and they ask, "table or booth?" I can NOW say, "either is OK." Walking DOWN and UP a flight of steps and not crying!!! The WOW moments happen with great frequency now. My self-esteem, my self-respect, and my life in general is soooooooo much better since last June 28th. 105 ugly pounds are GONE GONE GONE!!! my diabetes is in total control, BP normal and now longer need the walker I needed last spring. I walked with my daughter and grandchildren on Saturday in and out of a million stores at the mall and didn't need to sit down every few minutes. My 10 year old granddaughter told her mother, "Grammy's a real trouper. YAY, ME and all "US JUNERS"!!!!! Love, Betsy
~*Ginger Locks*~
on 6/18/06 10:07 am - California, MD
Lisa, You guys have a STRAWBERRY festival?!?!?! Man, I wish we had one of those! Wow, I'm so glad you were able to ride the rides and enjoy spending time with the kids! That is so awesome! I just love seeing my dear friends living thier lives and enjoying it! (Sorry you got ill tho - ew the porta potty - you poor thing! Those things usually make me wanna all by themselves). Another great thing, your kids will remember these wonderful times with you their entire lives. I still haven't had the courage to get on any rides yet - I'm going to though. I have this crazy fear that I'll get dizzy and pass out - or worse - mess up my pineapples (haha Wendy!)... I know - I'm crazy... Pam
Kelli Jo
on 6/18/06 9:24 am - Katrina Land, LA
Topic: RE: Finally under 240...
Congrats to you! I sure hope it keeps coming off. I went 10 1/2 weeks going form 240-245. A week ago I was still 245, then boom, I lost 9 lbs last week. Crazy, but I'm glad it finally happened.
Wendy Kipp
on 6/18/06 9:04 am - MI
Topic: Happy Father's Day Junebug men!
I wanted all our Junebug Dad's to have a great day and I hope this was your best Father's day ever! Wendy
Wendy Kipp
on 6/18/06 9:03 am - MI
That is wonderful Lisa! I do really know what you mean. I had a great day again with my family today. I rode the train and could sit by my husband and went on all the 1800's rides like the carousel and the ferris wheel. I love the carousel, but had never been able to ride the horses for fear of breaking a pivot joint! It is a great gift we have been given. Wendy
Most Active
Recent Topics