2 months today bypass 6/10

twinsdaddy
on 8/10/08 3:59 am - winthrop, MA
well here we are on the other side still haveing trouble eating most things but can eat a little ive lost apox. 50 lbs. but im in a stall but i think im causing it. i dont want to loose muscle just fat so ive been taking an extra 25-45 grams of 100% whey protien a day and working out a little but i have the runs at least 3-4 days a week dose anybody know how much protien the body can absorb a day? everyone says i look great and its true that i feel better than i have in years im off all meds so why do i feel like s--t frank
Barb S.
on 9/6/08 7:33 am - New Westminster, BC, Canada
Hi Frank
I think you need to focus on trying to get some of the other food groups into your system. Protien powers are good but not everything. I seem to remember you having food issues. Are you the one who could only eaat mashed potatoes and oatmeal cookies?  You may feel better if you stay away from the carbs, I now I do. I find that things with texture are easier to eat for me. So for a meal I will have say some kind of meat, not beef, and some cut up veggies. Peppers and cucumber seem to be good so is iceburg lettuce. I found that once I was eating more normal food I felt normal. I still have my protien shake almost everyday which by the time I have concocted it there are about 50 grams of protien in it. I then add to that protien count other protien rich foods like cheese, meat, etc to round out my day. The other foods, fruits and vegies really help.  Also...when a food gives me trouble I will try it at a different temperature. It is amazing what a difference taht makes.
Hang int here and good luck.
barb
twinsdaddy
on 9/14/08 12:19 am - winthrop, MA
thank you, i have tried that all im still eating the same things but trying others thanks its now sept 14th and ive lost almost 70 lbs
Barb S.
on 9/14/08 1:35 pm - New Westminster, BC, Canada
That is terrific. 70 pounds is amazing.  I am now 3 months out on this coming Tuesday and have lost 68 pounds. I have been hovering at 65 pounds for 2 weeks so am hoping that the recent 3 lbs lost is a sign of good things to come.

Hope the food intake is going well.
Keep up the good work!\
Barb
Most Active
Recent Topics
Join us in 2010
John W. · 0 replies · 784 views
Canadian Surgens?
Balla · 0 replies · 779 views