just got the call...June 1st

closure
on 5/15/09 7:13 am - PA
Hi everyone! I'm Tanha and usually just frequent the main forum and the PA forum. I'm 28 and female. Anyway I was submitted to insurance this week and just got the call a half hour ago...surgery scheduled for June 1st! I was expecting sometime in July so this was shocking. I have a preop week of SF carnation instant breakfast in my future and I'm hoping I don't kill someone due to extreme hunger lol.

I looked down and saw a couple of other June 1sts anyone else?

diznygirl
on 5/16/09 9:33 am - Farmingdale, ME
Congrats Tanha!  I'm also a 6/1 so we'll be surgery sisters.  I'm so excited and nervous and just all around freaking out.  I start 2 weeks of liquids tomorrow so I feel your pain.  I have a feeling after about a week I'll be sitting in the corner trying to gnaw off my own arm.  But we'll see.  Good luck!
Deidra

closure
on 5/16/09 11:02 am - PA
thanks for the reply! I don't know how the people on 2 weeks of liquids do it, I only have a week and I'm worried. I'm afraid I'll be biting someone's head off by then instead of gnawing on my arm lol. I can get a little cranky. good luck to you too! if you want to chat I'm here!

twinsdaddy
on 5/16/09 10:47 pm - winthrop, MA
put that instant breakfast in a blender with some protien powder some low fat yogert or some freah strawberries or banannas or melon and youll be fine they fill you up before and after surgey i had rny on 6/10/08 and have lost 144lbs i work out everyother day and feel like a new man with another chance at life with my kids just rememmber NOTHING TASTES AS GOOD AS THIN FEELS  and all will be fine good luck frank
closure
on 5/16/09 11:22 pm - PA
thanks for the words of encouragement. congrats on your weight loss!

Tami P.
on 5/19/09 1:02 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Tanha,

I am scheduled for my sleeve June 1st. Best of luck to you for a great surgery and a speedy recovery...I only have to do 2 days of clear liquids. Thank goodness!

Best Wishes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am 5'4" HW 273 SW 255 CW 162.4
First Goal(s): Weigh less than hubby(DONE) and One-derland(DONE)!!! 
Second Goal: Weigh 170 (what I weighed when hubby and I dated and got married) (DONE)!!!
Third Goal: Reach a normal BMI (145 lbs)
Lonye A.
on 5/19/09 3:48 am - new castle, DE
Hello there,

My surgery is going to be 6/1/09 as well! What are you buying to prepare for your "homecoming"? I plan on shopping for everything this weekend. I have all of the obvious things on my list vitamins, protein, jello, etc. I hate feeling ill prepared. I would rather have too much then not enough.

If anyone has an idea of things I may need, please give me a holler.

Lonye
gennamomma
on 5/21/09 4:23 am
Hi! My surgery is scheduled for 06-01-2009 as well! Congrads on your date! I am super excited! 

Most Active