Can all June 18th people clock in.

MsPrincess
on 7/25/09 10:49 am - New Haven, CT
I had my sleeve done on June 18th and I need to hear from people who had surgery on that day or close.
Can you post how you are doing, and what problems you have ran into after surgery.

I know it has been a while since I posted here, I just need to here from people who are with me.

Starting Weight- 394

Weight as of July 12, 2010-  270

PRINCESS

Joseph Itkor
on 7/25/09 12:02 pm - hackettstown, NJ
I didn't have the sleeve, but I had RNY bypass on June 16th.  I've had ZERO problems.  Guess I'm one of the lucky ones.  I am down exactly 45 lbs so far.  My biggest problem is I just don't feel like eating all time.  I only do it to get the protein in, otherwise I could probably go without eating at all.

briana000
on 7/26/09 4:45 am - Elon, NC
Whats up girl friend!  I haven't had much problems at all either, but I did drink while I ate once and had to make myself throw up...that sucked!  I am down 37 lbs as of today!  I just went through a stall for 1 week...I cut out the carbs and increased my protein intake (through food) and it started falling off again, thank God!  I thought I was a failure or something because of that stall, but I assume it happens to everyone...I get most of my protein through food now, and I drink the EAS protein drink with 17 g of protein as well, just to get in protein without having to eat at times...I also eat the salads from Subway...you can make any sub into a salad...just no bread!  Isn't that lovely?!  I use honey mustard and "lite" mayo in it...I am going to start strength training to day..I have my 2 month post op appt on Aug 17th...and I feel awesome!  I hope everything is going good for you as well!  Tell me how everything is going, and if you need help Im here!

https://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wI4b3jB/">
https://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wI4b3jB/weight.png">>

MsPrincess
on 7/27/09 6:37 am - New Haven, CT
I'm am so upset because everyone seems to be doing really good.  I mean don't get me wrong I'm very, very grateful to Father GOD that ya'll are doing good and everything is ok.  But with me I feel like I'm complaining all the time and no one wants to hear it.

Food does not like me!  I get the foams so bad.  But it's ok because I get in all my vitamins and calcium, hair, skin, and nail vitamins.  I make myself take it.  My water intake is really good, I love water, and the K20 protein drinks the tea is good.  I like the Cristal lite energy drink and the hydration.  I'm going to get the vegetable protein drink because I have a hard time with with milk.

I noticed when I get my protein in I lose more weight.  I need to get to a scale to weigh myself again to see how much I lost.  My clothes are really baggy!
I will be going to physical therapy next month to help me get started on the right way to exercise.

How do you do with beans?  My friend scared me off of beans.  She got gas really bad for three days.  What are you eating?

Starting Weight- 394

Weight as of July 12, 2010-  270

PRINCESS

myritetodream
on 7/27/09 9:58 am - MD
Don't feel bad. I have my days where I feel like I'm doing something wrong... or I wonder if I picked the right surgery. I had the VSG on June 22. I've only lost 24 pounds since my surgery day and I feel like this number is low. If I had chosen RNY I would probably be down more. Then I remind myself of all the reasons that I chose the VSG and it helps me to feel a lot better about where I am right now.

I'm so sorry to hear that you are having some sleeve issues. Have you talked to your PCP or surgeon about this? I had some cramping and pain the first couple of weeks and I called my doc, and she put me on a special pill that regulates acid in the stomach. It has helped a LOT! Please talk to your doc if you are having issues. They can help you!

Hang in there and feel free to message me with any questions you have. I'm here for ya!

amy
HOLLI00
on 8/4/09 1:46 pm - ALTUS, OK
I happened to notice that you said you have a problem with foam...(not diagnosing you of course :)!) but in the book my surgeon gave me it says that constant nausea with foam could be a sign that your (forget what it's called) but the opening in your stomach may be too small.  I have had the foam problem twice since surgery and both times were when, once I ate too much and the other time drank right after I ate. Just throwing out some different things to talk about with your doctor.

I had my surgery on the June 17th and had horrible nausea the first five weeks to the point where I had to be put on Zofran (life-saver!).  I lost 35 lbs the first few weeks and then gained six pounds over the next three!!! Now I'm back down and have lost 41 lbs (not counting the six I had to relose). I was so frustrated and depressed figuring the surgery didn't work for me. I called my nutritionist who, after evaluating my diet, said I wasn't getting in enough protein. I started making a concious effort about the protein and that's when the weight just started falling off again.

Don't feel bad about getting on here to post with problems...that's what we are all here for!
Holli Tamale
236.8/135/150

*RNY surgery done June 17th, 2009        
Most Active