All June 11th RNY, please check in!

1Sunshine4u
on 8/13/09 3:00 am, edited 8/16/09 8:54 am
I have had a rough time finding protein I can eat. Any ideas?  My Dr. wants me to eat food not supplements.  I have lost 47 pounds. I am happy with that!  I have a problem eating fats, which is a great thing! But, I have been able to tolerate sugar, and that is a bad thing.  Does anyone else have that problem?  If so, how do you control it? Not that I have had a lot, but a cookie or two, and a small peice of cake & etc. It scares me a lot to know I may gain back the weight! I still have problems getting in fluid. I am so tired of flavored waters.

marcia5000
on 8/13/09 7:44 am
Hi, I  had surgery the day after you.  Besides the typical protein you get from meats, I recommend for protein:  Isopure flavored protein water.  One bottle has 40 grams of protein and you are getting in your water at the same time.  I buy mine at GNC.  I also drink Carnation Instant Breakfast drink-the no sugar added one.  One bottle has 13 grams of protein.  Also try Chobani greek yogurt.  You can get it  at the grocery store.  One serving has 18 grams of protein.  There is GO LEAN cereal by Kashi, also at the grocery store, which has quite a bit of protein.  I also like Pure Protein mini bars.  There is 20 grams of protein and no sugar added.  I get the mini ones in a box at Walmart.  Another thing I like is peanut butter.  I put it on apples, toast, celery or just eat a tablespoon by itself. 

Like you, I don't think I am a dumper.  The only time I tested it was when I had a brownie.  I had no reaction, so I assume I can tolerate sugar.  I 'm disappointed because sweets is my weakness and I'm also scrared to death to regain. 

I hope some of these suggestions help.  Good luck!  Marcia
1Sunshine4u
on 8/16/09 9:15 am
I have not tried the Pure Protein mini bars or the Carnation Instant breakfast, yet. But, I will. I did try the Isopure, but I really did not like it. I have tried greek yogurt, but I could not eat it. What do you mix it with?

Thanks! 
NewDayDawning
on 8/13/09 11:43 am
I'm 6/16 here.. but thought I would ask a question of you all since we're so close in dates.

What are you eating to drop all this weight so fast? 

Dr. Benn gave me an incredible tool.. and I intend to make the most out of it!!

tiaphx
on 8/14/09 1:37 am - PHOENIX, AZ
I am also have a terrible time with liquid or powdered proteins, I just keep trying everything. so far the powder that works for me in Unjury, I use the unflavored and mix it with my meals. I also use to drink tons of water now it has a metal taste, as well as anything flavored, but I know it is vital, ( I live in the desert) so just push on.  I am celebrating not mourning the foods that does not appeal or sets well with me. I have a list with star (like when I was a child getting rewards) in plain sight as a reminder of my  " forget it foods". My surgery was the 9th of June and I am down 49 pounds since surgery,  I thought I was not doing so good. Your blog help me feel like I'm doing good, and on track. Thanks.
Nikole G.
on 9/14/09 6:52 am
Hi, I had surgery the same day as you. I too cannot tolerate the protein. It has been extremely difficult.  I do not tolerate sweets either. I have to say I try to eat cheese, chicken, salmon, pork, to try and get protein. I am unable to eat much at a time still. I can do two teaspoons of reduced fat peanut butter it gives you 7g of protein. I have lost 63lbs. It has been a trial. I have many days of not being able to tolerate much and I do not have much appetite. I do like fruit though and tolerate seafood the best. Red meat is a no go for me. I too still have problems with fluid but I did recently start drinking sprite zero and tolerate it well. What a nice change from water all the time. Good luck to ya.
Niki
Fort Bragg, NC
265.7 Pre Surgery and 256 Day of Surgery

KristieJane
on 3/6/10 12:11 am - Terre Haute, IN
I have had a rough time lately with my journey due to gallbladder issues which is common i hear. I am having surgery on March 19th so hopefully I will feel better. I have 70+ lbs to go to reach my goal and I will do it! I take it one day at a time and realize my RNY is the greatest gift I can give myself.

Take care everyone.

Kristie

Most Active