June Surgeries Please Check In!!!!

NewDayDawning
on 12/3/09 4:43 am

I really wish we could get a better support group going for those of us that had surgery in June of this year...

I'm still a very slow loser, but I'm losing steadily - so I just have to be patient.  I've lost 56 pounds since surgery.. I sure wi**** was faster.. I'm doing everything they say to do, so I have to have faith in the surgery.

How are you all doing?  My favorite food find has been Ostrim Jerkey sticks   14 grams of protein and only 70 calories.. and yummy!  That and a piece of cheese and a few crackers is a super protein packed meal or snack.

Would love to hear from you - come out come out wherever you are!

Dr. Benn gave me an incredible tool.. and I intend to make the most out of it!!

L. Anderson
on 12/3/09 7:14 am - Duluth, GA
Hi hun, yes it's been a battle every way. Somehow i thought it would have been easier. My surgery was on the 30th and i'm down 90 lbs. But i was alot bigger than you were. I also walk as much as i can and up to 5 miles. Thanks, i have to check out the Jerkey sticks. I'm trying to increase my water and have been at a stall until recently.
177 lbs GONE & Dancing:)

NewDayDawning
on 12/3/09 1:08 pm
 Thanks honey.. You look FABULOUS by the way.. Holy smokes.. 

I have a feeling I need to tame the carb monster a bit... I really like to have one serving of some type of crunchy crackery type thing every day and I gotta stop that!  

Dr. Benn gave me an incredible tool.. and I intend to make the most out of it!!

L. Anderson
on 12/3/09 3:06 pm - Duluth, GA
Thanks ;) yes, i definitely control my carbs, no sweets, i'm even selective about my fruits for instance, i never eat a whole banana unless it's right before gym time. But the energy that you have from wieght loss is amazing. I walk faster, i hardly take naps and always on the go. Don't you love it.
Cali_SL
on 12/8/09 12:42 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi. My weight loss has been very slow too. I know for the most part it's my fault. I don't execercise regulary and I  still eat some bad things. But overall, I am very happy with the 57lbs I have lost so far. My goal is to be at 160lbs by June 2010, if I am at least close to that will be happy.
~Cali          
EmmaL
on 12/8/09 11:25 pm - Plattsburgh, NY
Hi, I thought the weight would come off a little faster to. But I'm thankfully down 65lbs. My surgery was 6/9/09. hopefully I will keep losing. Let's just all pray we get to where we want to be. Good luck all.
eljayem
on 12/10/09 4:46 am
I'm down 76 pounds, so I'm 70% of the way to my goal.  Sort of.  If I am at my goal before 1 year, I may try to lose 15 more pounds, so that would make me 61% of the way there. 

CandidBliss - you are looking beautiful. 

And I am totally loving the energy I have!
Eljay

While the weight loss is easier with surgery, the lifestyle is harder.
eeking
on 12/11/09 1:40 am - Watertown, NY
It would be great to have more support from eachother...

I have been losing steadily, yet seems to have slowed in the last two weeks. I am down 86 pounds and am so happy about that.. i work out regularly and really stay focused on my food intake. Am trying to start running to increase my calories burned.. it is awesome to see everyone doing so well.... it is incredible to feel these changes so far in a short six months.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season.. focus on how much healthier we all are this year!!
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/09 2:49 am
VSG on 06/08/09 with
 I'm a Junie as well.  Down 60 lbs from surgery, 70 lbs from HW.  I try not to compare my loss to others, but it's hard.  Nevertheless, I am ecstatic over what I have lost, and my life is so different.  Even at 190 # (where I am now), I can walk and work out and my knees don't hurt, and on and on.  

I know I eat more calories than a lot of people on here.  I try for a thousand and feel lucky if I hit 1200.  I don't know how people survive on 600 cals a day.  I haven't lost much hair, if any (knock on wood).  That may because I am not restricting calories as much, or maybe I've just been lucky.  

I'd love to have 30 more off by June, which would put me at a hundred total lost, and I think I would be happy at that weight.  I've been in a stall for a couple of weeks now, and the loss is so much slower than it was at first.  Maybe a pound a week.  

Thanks for posting this NDD
jcwisor
on 12/15/09 5:17 am - Sacramento, CA
Hello everyone!

I had my surgery on June 22, 2009 - I am down 110 lbs. I guess everyone tells me my weight loss has been really fast - for some reason I feel its slow though! Maybe that is how everyone is?! I know at first I lost quickly and the past two months it has slowed to a snails pace. I am still losing just not as rapidly as I was at first. I'm very satisfied and love being able to shop at "normal sized" people stores!
Most Active