Avoided temptation and turned down pizza!

princessfrogee
on 6/15/11 10:53 am - AL
On day two of pre-op diet.  My poor husband got pizza tonight and I had told one of the kids I was just going to stay downstairs while they ate.  He brought me a tiny sliver and I tell him, "NOPE CAN'T HAVE IT" and he says, "Oh it will be ok go ahead" and I said, "NOPE".  Not sure if he was testing me or feeling sorry for me!  ha ha  Just glad it was from a place I am not too fond of or else I might have been angry about it!  ha ha

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
mlyssa971
on 6/15/11 11:14 am
Awesome Job! it takes someone strong to turn it down. My husband does that too. He had mac n cheese the other day and I love it. I said I want a bite and he tried to feed me LOL. I yelled and said you are supposed to say no. I turned it down but man was it hard.
kaleidos
on 6/15/11 10:46 pm
You need to have the "tough love" talk with the hubby and the kids - both for the pre-op diet and the post-op diet. Lol, my poor DH has a list of "rules" when it comes to nagging. You especially need to know that both you and he are comfortable with that line between teasing/testing and feeling sorry and how you want to handle it. From stories from other people and my pre-op experience with family I know that having those closest to you not understand that there is not "just a little cheating" anymore when it comes to a diet (Which if you are anything like me has been the subject of many a conversation with a family member of the years...) and that this time things are indeed different. Pre-op is a good time to get that stuff out of the way if you can! Good luck! And congrats for nut killing the DH. ;)

Weight loss includes 57.7 pounds before surgery. Not weighing until 2 weeks after surgery.
princessfrogee
on 6/16/11 1:56 am - AL
Yes, we have all sat down and had "the talk".  Husband won't be as bad of an issue as he leaves to go back to Afghanista a few days before my surgery an will be gone for six months or so.  The kids will just go by what I do and have to live with it.  ha ha  They don't know it, but once in a while I will send them out with the daughter that can drive and they can go have pizza or something so they aren't completely deprived, but I want them to mostly eat what I have to once I can get to the point of eating semi-normal meals.  In fact, the daughter that was teasing me yesterday, I told her that since she just volunteered to help me out that she could do my pre-op liquid diet with me.  You should have seen her face!    ha ha 

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Most Active