IS IT PAINFUL

ALSGIRL02
on 6/17/11 2:52 am
Hi everyone this is just a general question to members who have undergone surgery already i was wondering if you can give me some kind of inquiry of the level of pain associated with the first day after surgery i am scheduled to have surgery on the 27th of this month and the closer it gets the mor my anxiety kicks in.  I am have the gastris bypass and i will be opened completely.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR COMMENTS!!!!!!
princessfrogee
on 6/17/11 4:09 am - AL
I have not had surgery yet, but from what I have read, it depends a lot on your pain tolerance level.  Some say they feel they have been hit by a semi and others say it is minor muscle pain.  It also depends hugely on whether you get it done laproscopically or wide open.  Either way, the worst pain does not seem to last long and walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip are the main suggestions given repeatedly.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
mlyssa971
on 6/17/11 11:40 am, edited 6/17/11 11:41 am
I am having surgery on Monday and I will tell you I am about the biggest baby ever when it comes to pain. When I had my hystorectomy I SWORE I would never be cut on again and yet here I am doing an OPTIONAL operation. For all the pain my weight causes and the heartbreak of life passing me by while my family enjoys it and I sit on the side lines. I'll say the pain will be there but nominal and well worth the outcome! God bless and good luck!

ALSGIRL02
on 6/18/11 2:38 am
I would like to first thank you for reading and responding to my post. then I would like to congratulate you on your up and coming life change. thank uou in advance keeping me posted I hope you except my friend request and I will be pray ok ng for you good bless you
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/18/11 4:49 am
I had very little pain even on the first day.  They put pain medication in your IV and I also had a topical pain med that was in this ball for 1 or two days.  I took very few pain meds after that as well.

Winnie

Tammy G.
on 6/19/11 8:40 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
 I've had worse pre-menstrual pain.  Just make sure you and your doctor are on the same page with pain management.  Never let it get over a 5 on the pain scale.  In the hospital I did morphine every 2 hours--now I am doing liquid Lortab about every 6 hours, even though I can have it every 4 hours.  I do have rheumatoid arthritis, tho.  I figure if I didn't have arthritis I wouldn't even need the pain meds right now.
That_816_Princess
on 6/19/11 7:56 pm - MO
 My pain reminded me of doing too many sit up or cruchs...my tummy was just tight felt like more in the muscles then anything else...I stayed aroun a 6 on the scale of 1-10...i was aiming for 0...but oh well..it is surgery right

I will take back my body and take back my health! 
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leeshas-WLS-Journey-with-Gizmo-her-pouch/237635902947481 
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheLovelyRANDOMNESS
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/locdagoddess

Most Active