Newly post ops

therealleigh
on 6/18/11 4:45 am - Matthews, NC
I have been doing good until today. I woke up with like vertigo. I am getting 40 to 50 oz of water daily and about 40 to 50 gms of protein. Today my stomach has felt full and a little flip floppy. Also I am having a hard time finding protein drinks that are tolerable. I get them down but feel like crap afterwards. Just wondering how everyone else is doing. I still have to be on liquids for a week and three days. Then soft for four weeks.
kathict
on 6/18/11 10:30 am - West Haven, CT
hiya. you certainly are doing a lot better than I am. Good job.

I can hardly get30 to 40ozs down. Sometimes 20. Can not stand the taste of anything. I was doing great in the hospital. So much gas. I walk and walk and walk.. Can't wait till this week is over and the gas is gone.

any tips?
Winnie_the_Pooh
on 6/18/11 12:34 pm
I like Muscle Milk protein water - grapefruit flavor.  I bought them at GNC.  They have 60 cal.  5 grms of fiber and 10 grams of protein.  They are very light tasting and I can't taste the whey protein like I can in some others. 

Winnie

princessfrogee
on 6/18/11 1:00 pm - AL
I have not tried these yet, but today I found a product called "Protein 2GO" the grocery store I was in was clearancing the flavors I bought for new flavors and I got them for $3.24 a box!!  But it is whey protein and depending on the flavor you get depends on the amount of protein, but they are 5-10g each and you add to a bottle of water like Crystal Lite packets.  I figure these will be great for post-op to help get in as much protein as I can while I am sip, sip, sipping away on my water.  (1g of sugar)  If you have a Publix store in your area you may look over in the vitamins/diet foods section and they were there on clearance along with some cans of protein powder for $3.24 each.  I scored, just hope I like and can tolerate post-op!  If I can't do the plain shake w/them I can use them for shake recipes and add other things to it to mask the flavor...hopefully.  ha ha

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
Rachael Richardson
on 6/18/11 1:19 pm - Alexandria , VA
RNY on 06/20/11 with

I am using Unjury brand protein powder as part of my pre-op diet now.  They have a web site www.unjury.com

It has a creamy consistency like a shake and nutrionist reccomended it.  I think they are local in Northern VA.

Feel better soon
!! 

Tammy G.
on 6/19/11 8:33 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
Hope you get over the dizzy feelings. 

I didn't have any bad gas.  Thank Goodness.  

I am eating my protein frozen, like I did pre-op.  Everything is better cold to me.

My taste hasn't changed.

I haven't had any trouble with liquids.  Oh, except for coffee.  I couldn't tolerate it yet.  Maybe in a few days.

I can start cream soups today, but I haven't yet.  
That_816_Princess
on 6/19/11 7:54 pm - MO
 I am doing good...been home since Wednesday took me  to Saturday to make myself sick..LOL..I am on blended pureed mushy food...and everything is going down ok...I have pooted my way around....and even pooped on Thrusday...so all things works now....so now i have to learn the pouch..I am sipping and getting protein and what not...feeling good not tired....all in all no regrets 

I will take back my body and take back my health! 
Facebook:  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Leeshas-WLS-Journey-with-Gizmo-her-pouch/237635902947481 
My YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/TheLovelyRANDOMNESS
My Twitter: http://twitter.com/locdagoddess

Most Active