5 days post op

mlyssa971
on 6/25/11 5:12 am
 Well some things went well some not so well. I didn't return knocks me OUT no way to work on that. But I weight this morning and I have lost 15 lbs since Monday. I am on full liquids and enjoying the soup but can't get as much protien as needed. hard to stomach the sweetness of the one I have and too broke to buy more. I hate hate hate the GTUBE. it hurts and can't wait to get it out. I am praying it comes out on July 5th. How are some of you other Junies?

Tammy G.
on 6/25/11 6:34 am
RNY on 06/16/11 with
Why do you still have your gtube?  I never even had one...or if I did it came out before I came out of the OR. 
princessfrogee
on 6/25/11 12:55 pm - AL

Today is Day 5 post-op for me.  Doing great so far.  Was kept on 30 cc of lemonade or broth every hour while in the hosp. but was sent home being told I could do full liquids.  Protein shakes and water or SF liquids could be sipped all day to get in my fluids.  Focussing on protein and don't have much room for anything else.  Yesterday I barely fit in one 11 oz protein shake and half bottle of water.  Today I got in two shakes (I got up earlier and started in earlier) and I think a half bottle of water.  I stop when I feel full and wait until I don't have the full is a tic feeling.  But one or two sips and I am full again.  Sutures are tender but not too bad.

"When you know better, you do better." ~Maya Angelou~

BW 334.4 / CW: 227 / GW 180             
texaskc
on 6/25/11 10:17 pm - KS
Good morning! I am four days post op. I got home on Friday, my drain tube was taken out before I left the hospital. I think that I am doing pretty well so far. I have two incisions that are pretty darn sore, so it makes getting around a challenge. I was really struggling with acid reflux but I started taking that med again on Friday and things are slowly starting to get better. Yesterday I managed to get in 1 tbsp cream of wheat, about 14 oz of protein shakes, 4 tbsp of yogurt and almost one 16.9 oz bottle of water. It has been interesting to learn how my sleeve works. I am amazed  how much I can feel everything that happens inside sometimes. I am so pleased to report that so far I am not hungry. So far pretty good, pretty smooth! I hope we all continue to get better and better everyday! Take care June sleevers! You are in my thoughts and prayers!
HW:282, SW:248, Pounds lost on liquid pre-op (3 weeks): 17 lbs, GW:180

1st month: -14lbs; 2nd month: -10lbs; 3rd month:-4lbs
purplepeace79
on 6/26/11 7:12 am - Bronx, NY
 You got clearance to eat Cream of Wheat? I'm jealous!!
I want some grits so bad!! But I'm waiting the full 4 weeks.
SW: 364  Surgery Date: 6.21.11 *VSG*  LifeOfANappyHeadedFatChic.tumblr.com

mlyssa971
on 6/26/11 12:48 am
My physician insists on the G-tube and leaves it in 7-30 days depending on the patient. I can't complain too much he has done this for 25 years and is a centers of excellence physician in this kind of work. Not all drs require it tho.

lorindac
on 6/26/11 1:05 am - durham, NC

Hi congrats. I just started the full liquid diet today.  one thing i had to do is add a little water to my protein shake because it does taste to sweet. we shall see how the day goes. i am still a little sore but i am getting around and walking daily. went to the mall on friday and grocery store yesterday. i found with me walking helps alot. but it has been hard getting all my lquids in for the day i have gotten to about 34 ozs.

mlyssa971
on 6/26/11 6:15 am
I have loads of samples of different protein. so far all I can stomach is the unflavored mixed in some soup. The flavored i loved before makes me sick to my stomach. Strange how we can change overnight huh. My husband is WONDERFUL. He was against the surgery but takes such good care of me and walks with me daily. Im going back to work tomorrow.
purplepeace79
on 6/26/11 7:10 am - Bronx, NY
I have the same fluid issue. I've solved my protein issue with protein shots. Every 2 hours, I make a shot of protein mixing half a scoop of vanilla whey protein powder with skim milk. Its delicious!! Like drinking vanilla milk, if you ever liked that. 1 scoop = 23 g of protein and 120 calories. I have about 4-5 shots a day. I also add 3/4 scoop to my light n fit yogurt, which is 6 oz but I eat it slowly over an hour for breakfast. This routine has been working for me.

My issue is the fluids. Having to remember to sip every 10 minutes or so. I was never big into beverages beforehand so this is new for me. I'm sticking with gatorade 0 and vitamin water 0 for the electrolytes and vitamins.

My dr didnt have me on a liquid diet beforehand, just 24 hrs pre-op. I also didnt have a lingering drainage tube. I can't relate to a lot of experiences I read folks having here, but I can say I'm very happy with how smoothly the process has gone. I'm starting to have mental hunger, but its summer and the smell of BBQ is in the air. I'm resisting it with no effort though. This tightness in my chest tells me to stay FAR away lol
Most Active