Surgery Tues., 7/20/10 - Any Band People?

AnitaMcD
on 7/16/10 9:07 am - So. Orange County, CA
I am having my Realize band surgery next Tuesday.  The shakes have been boring, but somewhat tolerable, surprisingly  Okay, so I had half a Subway sandwich last Saturday.  It's easier when I'm here at work, I can say that much.  I'm getting excited, nervous.  Not as nervous as I once was last year when I was going to do the RnY but couldn't since they just removed my gallbladder.  Anyway, just want to be in touch to keep focused and on track.  It's good to see people in the same boat.  Good luck to everyone!!

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

yourshelly
on 7/20/10 12:04 pm - Pasadena, TX
I will be following along 10 days behind you.  Today is my first day of a 10 day liquid diet.  The last four days are clear liquids.  I figure if I can do the pre-surgery, everything else will be easy.  I hope it all  went well for you today. I can't wait ti hear what you have to say.

AnitaMcD
on 7/28/10 8:00 am - So. Orange County, CA
It seems everyone on here has had clear liquids (popcicles, jello, broth, etc.) and I have just had shakes (New Direction).  I still have the darn gas pains.  It's not as bad, but it's just THERE.  Very annoying.  Well, your surgery is in 2 days - I will be thinking and praying for you.  My first post-op appointment is Friday.  Okay, good luck - please keep in touch.

Anita 

DebbieJane
on 7/23/10 6:55 am - Oxford, WI
Lap Band on 07/21/10 with
How are you doing?  I had my realize band on Wed the day after yours!  I chickened out with the rny 4 days before but I was lucky that they still went with it.  Are you hungry?  I am sometimes and if it wasn't for the incisions, I wouldn't believe they did anything but I know they did-he he.  How much are you eating?  I had about a half cup of pureed cottage cheese and half cup apple sauce at the hospital for lunch yesterday.  Today I had a protein shake for breakfast, a slimfast for lunch-which I didn't know if that was ok or not, but I called the dietician to be sure I'm doing this right.  I didn't tell her I had the slim fast so I still don't know the answer to that.  I had SF jello this afternoon.  I took my first showed this afternoon.  How great!  I get tired easily but other wise I'm doing good.  It would be great to hear from you.  I also gained the 7 lbs I had lost before surgery but know thats from all the IV stuff.  Hope to hear back from you, it would be nice to have some to compare things to. and to help each other!  Take care, Debbie
AnitaMcD
on 7/28/10 8:06 am - So. Orange County, CA
Hello!  That's weird that the IV fluids make you gain weight.  I was wondering... what the.... that happened to me too.  I am on the darn shakes still, but today I went to Albertson's and got an 80 calorie yogurt.  I have a few days left - they said 2 weeks shakes after surgery.  I didn't even get the clear liquids like everyone.  Oh well, can't wait to just eat sensibly with variation.  Shakes, too boring...  you had cottage cheese and apple sauce?  That's pretty good.  I didn't stay in the hospital at all.  I checked in at 3:00 and got out by 9pm.  Yes, I will add you as my friend so we can keep our motivation going!  Hugs...

Anita 

beth21181
on 7/23/10 11:07 am
Hi! I had the band on Monday (7/19). I think the most painful part of this whole process is the gas pains! Oh my word! I have had a stitch in my side for 24 hours now and it's so painful. The Dr said this is normal, but man I wish they had told me ahead of time! Anyway, good luck with your recovery!
ladylovely
on 7/28/10 4:22 am
hello i had surgery on 7/20/2010 and i too have the gas pains which are worse than the surgery pains lol. but i was having trouble getting in my fluids but i today discovered away that works for me i lost 16lbs in a week the pa was in aww i wasn't i was happy yay
Most Active
Recent Topics