Surgery date....07/12/2010

akitty13
on 8/16/10 3:03 am - Wytheville, VA
I am 5 months out from surgery. I started at 300 lbs. I lost 30 lbs pre surgery. At my 2 week check up I had lost 18 lbs. The next week I lost 2 lbs. On week four, I started walking. I walk the perimeter of the mall every day. I haven't lost another lb since then. I am 5 weeks out today, and I am still at 20 lbs post surgery. I am so discouraged. Has anyone else had this experience?
Trisha02148
on 8/16/10 9:41 pm - Malden, MA
I can tell you I hit the 20lb mark and started doing the long walks but I also starting actually eating foods as well and I think my body has just gone into shock for a day or two because the weight stayed the same. I have broken the 20lb mark now and you will too just hang in there.

akitty13
on 8/16/10 11:38 pm - Wytheville, VA
Thank you for your encouragement!! I have actually lost some inches, so I do feel a little better. What was your surgery date? I just find it odd that I eat so little compared to before and the weight is not just falling off. I also think that my body is in shock and it has gone into starvation mode. I go back to mt surgeon in 2 weeks, and this will be discussed! :)
Jill18
on 8/19/10 9:59 pm
Hi, I am having the same exact feelings. I am 3 weeks and 2 days out. Lost approx 20 lbs in the first 2 weeks (I was about 305 at surgery). After that the scale has fluctuated between 281 and 283 for a week now. UGH it is so discouraging because I am eating so much less than pre surgery (I hardly dieted before) and I am excercising. I am really down and wondering if this is going to work for me.
akitty13
on 8/21/10 12:55 pm - Wytheville, VA
I made a mistake in my original message. Iwas 5 weeks out , instead of 5 months. After I posted which I will be 6 weeks out on Monday, I have lost an additional 6 lbs. I feel much better about it and I'm sure things will get better for you!! Hang in!!
Rhonda13
on 8/31/10 8:21 am
this is weird .. I am 4 weeks and have not broken the 20 pound mark and am frustrated!!!
tina71
on 10/19/10 4:29 am
my surgery date was 27july2010 and i've lost only 2lbs!!! what the ?@#* is going on?
Most Active
Recent Topics